Moving

By Trisha

Well, we will be moving, and we are looking to move back to Elk Grove in the Laguna area. We drove by some houses this afternoon-about 6. We actually were able to walk through one-the first on our list. Someone was there painting and I think it may have been the owner. The floorplan was nice, but everything was very tight and claustrophobic. It wasn't real open, and we'd really like to have an open floorplan. It didn't have any on-street parking, either, for visitors.

The other houses were too close to the neighboring properties, or we didn't like the look for the ndighborhood, they were small, etc. However, there was one home of those five that looks really promising. We left a message with the representative, to see if we could schedule a walk-through for this weekend. It looks great from the outside and plenty of parking space in the driveway and on the street for visitors. The yard is pretty and maintained by a landscaper that the owner covers. My heart is telling me this is the one for us.

The move is what is best for us right now, although it is really hard for me to accept. Jarom has worked so hard on this place, but like he said a lot has been learned from our mistakes at all levels. I cried for about 30 minutes last night. I cried so hard that I think I had an anxiety/panic attack. I couldn't catch my breath at times and I made myself sick, too. Miss and Gus stayed really close to me last night. They both slept on my side of the bed. Gus was at my knees and Miss was just below my pillow. As the night progressed, since I couldn't sleep, the scooched her way up onto my pillow and if I moved too far away she would move over until she could feel me.

I have to admit the change is exciting. A new adventure awaits us. I think I'm excited to get back in the area where we have the majority of our friends, too. I was thinking on the car ride home this afternoon, that is will help me mentally, too. Not just because most of our friends are there, but because it wasn't until after we moved out here that I was first diagnosed with depression, in 2006. It has been really hard for us to meet and make friends here in Olivehurst, although we love all those that we have created friendships with here. You are all dear to our hearts. We just didn't really feel welcomed until the last year-two years after moving here.

As far as other things go, I'm starting a six week anxiety class on May 15th. It was supposed to start this Thursday but they called and said it had been pushed back a few weeks. I'm going to take a one time panic class and a one time stress management class, too.

Miss has been chasing Hope around the living room. I think Hope finds it fun for a short while-a few laps around the living room and she is done with Miss. If Miss continues to try and play and Hope doesn't want too, they have a staredown. Right now, Miss and Gus are wrestling. Hope is grooming and Minnie is sitting on the loveseat like sh is the queen of it all.

Jarom finish his John Waye puzzled and we used that puzzle glue to hold it together and then framed it. It looks good. As for me, i've started Jenna's graduation gift and I'm working on an inspiration journal for a friend. Now, we get to add-start packing-to the list. If we start now, it will be a smoother move. Other than that, there isn't anything real exciting going on.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Anonymous May 1, 2008 at 11:27 AM
    MOVING ... NO WAY!! We'll be close to each other again. When you find out where you're moving, let me know. MAYBE we'll be in the same ward.

Something to say?