Cold, Cold, Go Away. Don't Come Back Another Day

By Trisha
This sucks! Headaches, body aches, hard deep cough, sore throat, lost voice, crackes voice, congestion, stuffy nose, runny nose, watery eyes, red nose, ear aches, blah, blah, blah. i have slept so much the last couple of days. I did feel a little bit better this morning, but my voice wasn't really there. I'm taking two cold medicines, drinking lots of water, and soaking in very hot baths with the jets on to help create steam.

Today was the first day that I didn't sleep all day, but it was pretty close. at least when I'm asleep I'm not bored, so I had to find some things to keep me occupied. I printed out the primary assignment letters and addressed for the mail tomorrow, uploaded a LOT of pictures to my MySpace account from travel, family, holidays, etc. I now have both blogs updated, with my article on Sunless Tanning Lotion on my Helping Handz blog-just for Aunt Terri. I found so much great information out hter, but was so excited to find one that actually bases its top products on consumer reviews. I went to the FDA and found some good information there too.

Other activities I've done to help pass the time is work on some cross-stitch projects for Mother's Day, word searches, reading, updating my calendar, look for a cross-stich design for an afghan-and all with the television on playing movies. I need the noise.

Missi, pretty much has not left my side since I've been sick. She is truely a little mother. She is so concerned about me. She follows me everywhere I go and when Jarom gets them and takes them outside to go potty she can't get back to fast enough. Gus isn't quite concerned, but you can tell he knows something is wrong, but craves time with his daddy too. Although, he did whine outside the bedroom door today. He slept with Jarom last night and I think I might put him in there with him again tonight, while Miss stays with me.

Yes, Jarom and I are sleeping apart. I don't want him to get sick and he agreed it would be best if I stuck to one room while I let this run its course. I'm in our room. I told Jarom I would sleep in the guest room, but he told me "no" and said he would just sleep on the couch. I didn't say anything, but I didn't think him sleeping on the couch would last too long. I was right. Last night, he moved into the guest bedroom to sleep. I do everything in this room-eat, sleep, shower, read, work on my laptop, watch tv and movies, listen to music, cuddle and love the dogs, take my medicine, etc. I only leave to take my dishes to the kitchen or get more water. At least I can be a little productive while I wait for this cold to vacate my body.

Hope visited yesterday and Friday. In fact, she spent the majority of the day in here with me and on the bed-even with the dogs on the bed. I suppose she stayed on the bed because everyone was laying down sleeping and not chasing her.

It is a little lonely. One sided conversations with the dogs just aren't really cutting it. I miss my husband. He even took Friday off to spend the day with me and we were going to go shooting, but he had to go alone, because I was so sick. He bought the Water Horse for me to watch, but I want to watch it with him, not by myself.

He did take me to Michael's real quick in Yuba City to get my embroidery hoop and stand for big cross-stitch projects, emboidering projects and quilting. I was able to get it for $27 with my 50% off coupon. I picked up a could bookmarks to cross-stitch on and some embroidery cloth, too. He got a nice wooden box that he is going to use a wood burner to etch on deer and elk and then stain. He will then use it to put his ammunition in.

Coley sent me a card and in it were a number of little tag-like card with quotes written on them for my inspiration journal. Instead of copying then in the book, I'm going to affix a few each on a couple pages with scrapbook adhesive. I think I will even embellish them with buttons, too.

Mom is really good at sending me a card each week to help keep my spirits up and give me encouragement. I really like it. I hope my dad will send me one once in awhile. I actually love to hear from him. I remember the first time he just called me out of the blue just to chat. We were living in Guam and it took me by surprise. He had never done something like that before, but then again, I never leived 10,000 miles away either. I was so flattered and felt so loved that he did that.

I guess that is all I really have to share today. I'm getting pretty tired and I need to put the dogs out one more time before we retire.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Celestia April 18, 2008 at 10:06 AM
    I hope you get better soon. It is no fun being sick. We are fighting it here right now too.

Something to say?