Okay, so Jarom had his phone interview with the Dept. of Fish and Game or is Fish and WIldlife?? Anyway, he had the phone interveiw this week and this afternoon he called to tell me that they wanted to do a face-to-face interview with him next week. We leave on Thursday to go to Prineville for Jenna's graduation. We will be there until Sunday morning when we will head to my parents' house in Troutdale. Jarom will have his interview Monday and then we will head straight home. We would stay longer if we could, but I have my surgery orientation on Tuesday in San Francisco at 7:30am.
I was going to work on my resume this afternoon and start submitting to companies for jobs, too, but I'm going to wait a couple weeks to see what happens. The same goes with unpacking this house. I'm not going to unpack another box. This has all happened so fast, which quite different from how the government usually works. It was just a couple weeks ago that he applied for the job and found out he was selected for an interview. This week was the phone interview and next week is the face-to-face interview. And, Jarom told them that if they offer him the job he would be ready to start in two weeks after giving his notice.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I don't want to end up in another dark pit struggling to climb my way out. It is really hard, though, to not think that we could be home soon and not get excited about it. I guess we all will have to wait and see what happens.