Packing

By Trisha

Can I just remind everyone how much this really SUCKS! You never really know just how much stuff you have accumulated until it is time to move. The sad thing is..we've moved seven times and it doesn't get any eaiser. Each time we have "donation" and "toss" piles, but even after that there is still so much stuff.

This afternoon, I started on the dining room hutch packing my china from mom and dad and my crystal very carefully with bath towels. (I will even be transporting them in my car when we actually move.) In the process, I lost my two Christmas Penguin salt and pepper chakers, but thankfully that was all I lost. I just didn't see the little guys hiding and knocked them right off the shelf.

When Jarom got home, I asked him to get some more paper towels to pack with so he went to fill up the truck and get paper towels. When he returned he helped with the packing of the kitchen, He brought down all my everyday china from the cabinets and put them on the buffet for me to wrap and box. When the buffet was full, he pulled other things from the cupboards-snacks, seasons, tupperware, pots and pans, etc. and packed those up. It was a great help to have him bring all the dishes down and help clear out the cabinets. The kitchen and dining room are done, with exception to my cookbooks. Now, we just need to pack up our room and the craft room.

Tomorrow, I will pack the cookbooks up so that they all stay together and the little trinkets in the living room, and bedrooms that are fragile, and some of my clothes, too. In the evening I have to finish up creating my "kits" for the card workshop for enrichment. Jarom can have an evening to do whatever while I finish up the kits.
Wedensday I will be workign on the craft room. the good thing about that room is once all the garbage is out of there, pretty much everything is already in various sized rubbermaid boxes that I've organized all my craft supplies into. Once we get everything of the floor and desk, it will be very easy to pack. So, I will be working on that on Waednesday afternoon before enrichment. Once that is done, we really just have to finish packing up our room and the bathrooms.

We have doen pretty good getting everything packed. We will create our "donate" and "toss" piles after we move and as we unpack everything. Right now, all I can say to keep me going is "Thank God for iPods and OnDemand. I can listen to movies and sing and dance to my music and that is a huge help in getting me motivated and keeps me on a roll, but if I get interrupted, it is very hard to find my groove again.

Tonight have such sore feet despite wearing my memory foam slippers. My right knee is bothersome and my lower back hurts from standing in one place so much for so long. I started a little jig in the kitchen this evening to keep my feet moving and relieve some pressure and Jarom and the pups looked at me like I was crazy.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?