Slowly, Very Slowly Getting Settled

By Trisha
We had so many people come to both houses to help us move on Saturday. We do still have to go back for some things, but that is okay. We figured we would. There were just some things we didn't get to pack, like my pantry, so our food is limited to the few things that were in the kitchen cabinets and the freezer and fridge.

We have been,or tather, Jarom has been unpacking. The reason he is doing most of it himself is because I sprained my ankle yesterday running up the stairs. I missed a stair, fell, twisted and fell on my left ankle. I feel quite dorky and dumb about it. :o) He did bring me a box to unpack my crystal to put in the wet bar cabinet, this afternoon, while we watched Transformers. Hopefully just a couple more days and I will be back on my feet unpacking and getting things where I want them-even if it means moving some of the things Jarom put away.

I did get the kitchen mostly unpacked with Gina's help on Satruday. I think I'm going to have to purge some of my cooking/baking dishes. This kitchen is quite small and doesn't have anywhere near the space I had at our old house. I just don't understand. This house is huge and the kitchen is tiny. The kitchen is one of the most important things in the house and most women's dreams are to have a big kitchen with plenty of storage. Oh well, i 'll adjust, there is plenty of room averywhere else.

So here is our game plan for the house. Our breakfast nook is a good size so we are going to use that as the dining room. Even with the leafe in our tabel there will be plenty of space to move around it. Since, I don't have formal dining room furniture, although I would like some with a hutch, I told Jarom that he could use the formal dining room for the pool table. We will use our tall little patio table and its two stools in there to sit and plac eour drinks and snacks on. Last Christmas, I bought him the collection of 5 pictures of the pool hall dogs and some frames for them and they will go on the hall. We are also going to replace the light with one of our ceiling fans. The living room will be our living room with the TV and home theatre. The family room will be the sitting room with my two oversized chairs and possibly Jarom desktop and our printer. You will learn why it *possibly* may be homed there soon.

Upstairs are the bedrooms and two full baths. Both baths have double sinks. Can you believe that!?! (there is a half bath downstairs). Anyway, there is our master suite with two closets, one is a walk-in, and so much room, even room for a bassinet should we get pregnant. The bathroom, oh my gosh, it is incredible with a garden tub, and a seperate shower that could actually fit four or five people in it. I can't wait to find all my stuff and decorate. Bedroom 2 will be my craft room and it has a small walk-in closet for my craft stuff and small filing cabinet. Bedroom 3 is going to be Jarom's computer room as it stand now, but it Jenna decides that she would like to go to school here, that will be here room. Bedroom 3 and 4 are teh same size and bedroom 1 is slightly smaller. Bedroom three is at the opposite end of the hall from our room, on the right side and therefore would give her more privacy. And having that as his computer room is easier to move than my craft stuff. Bedroom 4 is our guest bedroom at the end of the hall next to Bedroom 3 and would allow our guests a little privacy. I have my linen closet again in the hall upstairs. I'm very excited about that too. I've missed that. Our stairs are very cool with three landings between three and four sets of stars and kind of form a c shape with straight lines. I could see some great family/generation pictures going on here, or our daughter's prom or wedding-watching her descend those stairs. Oh my dreams! :o)

As far as the three car garage goes, I believe once we get things unpacked and cleared out we will park both cars on the one side. On the opposite side for a third car we will have Jarom's work table and tools and anything else that will be stored.

Contrary to our very tiny front yard is the our huge backyard. The picture does not do it justice in my last post. We have a lot of mature trees that rpovide plenty of shade. A couple of crab apple trees and Jarom found a cherry tree this morning. He has been watering our dirt since we got here, trying to moisten it up to work with and eventually we will put down some grass seed. The patio is quite large with only 1/3 of it covered with the lattice and I have some morning glory seeds that I can plant and once they start to grow and climb-that lattice will be stunning! The bushed out front will be getting a makeover, and not a trim by any means. I will have to give them a buzz cut. My planters will look great our front and in the back on the patio, too, with all their flowers and foliage. The driveway, will get its weeds wiped out too. I will be pulling them out and spraying to make sure they don't come back.

Finally, we have high valted ceilings. Lots of windows, with some close to the ceiling and it lets in a lot of light. This is very different from our house in Olivehurst. We tried to do everything we could to open up that house and bring in the light with the french doors in the front and back and lighter paints, etc. All the light is something I missed once we left the first Elk Grove house to move to the country. I'm loving all this light and the room in the house. I wish you all could see it in person.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Celestia May 22, 2008 at 12:05 PM
    Sorry you hurt your ankle. I hope it gets better soon. Have a good memorial day weekend!

Something to say?