Weight Loss Help

By Trisha

I have struggled with my weight pretty much since I got married, maybe a little earlier. As I gain more weight, I have more back problems. I've started to have knee problems and foot problems. My feet not only hurt more but they swell. I'm not comfortable in my own skin, and ultimately this has suppressed my personality, I think. I have tried Weight Watchers, SparkPeople and others, but I still ahve trouble losing weight. I do well for awhile and I hit a plateau or revert back to old habits. Some of those old habits are: overeating, eating lots of sweets and fats, not eating enough produce, drinking lots of soda and less water, etc.

I need help with losing the wieght and helping me to feel fuller sooner, so that I don't overeat and stop sooner. I emailed my doctor today, and told her about these problems as well as the health issues. I asked her about the lap-band system which is pretty new, but not as invasive as gastric bypass. Gastric bypass is just not for me, I think, but I have friends that have had awesome results and I have been so supportive. It just isn't for me. I love the results of gastric bypass, but I didn't want to go that extreme. The lap-band is an outpatient procedure and I will have to go in periodically to have it adjusted. She is putting in the referral for me and I should know more soon and get all my questions answered soon.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Celestia May 7, 2008 at 10:27 AM
    I hope you can get it and it works for you! You need something to boost your self esteem because you truly are so amazing and you just don't see it like everyone else does. Hopefully, with some help you will see how beautiful you are, outside and in.

Something to say?