What a Mentally Exhausting Day

By Trisha

Yeah, so I didn't get any pictures hung today. What a dissapointment. I did get my table at Target that I wanted and the floor lamp. The table is little scratched up and knicked, but I'm currently searching for a small lace tablecloth that will go over the top to cover that all up. I looked today, but couldn't find anything. There were only two of the floor lamps left, so we grabbed both of them.

Our guest bathroom upstairs is a complete guest bathroom. Of course there are towels, but today we picked up some of the essentials that guests may need but not pack because of airline restrictions or whatever reason. I filled the top drawer with disposable razor for him and her, shaving cream for him and her, tooth brushes, toothpaste (Crest and Auquafresh) and dental floss. I have a couple combs and hair brushes to put in there too, but I have to unpack them. The guest bathroom is decorated nicely too, with some mosaic glass candle holders with votives and some bathroom containers to hold cotton balls and Q-tips. The really pretty brown and blue trays Nicole got me last year for graduation is in there too and they look really good and match quite well. I just want to find a couple pieces of art to match and put on the walls. For now, it looks really good-even if I say so myself.

The remainder of the day, with the exception of a little nap in the middle, was spent finishing up the last of my Astronolgy homework. I had a final due and chapter questions. I learned a lot and I enjoyed the class, but I will not miss it. I may have enjoyed it a lot more had I had the actual text book. Instead, I had to wing it, using the online version, which is just tutorials and exercises, not chapter to actually read. It made it really hard. I ordered the book fut I never received it. I ordered it on Amazon because I could get it for half of what the school bookstore wanted for it. This was the first time I have ever had trouble with a seller on Amazon. I emailed the seller and told him I had not recieved the book and that I was wondering what happened. Two weeks later and there was no response. I put a claim into Amazon and told them what happened, and hopefully my refund will be back in our account by the end of the week. Needless, to say I had to wing it with the internet and the online version. That God for the World Wide Web.

Tomorrow, i start my last class a mythology class. Since I only needed two electives to finish I decided I wanted something fun and out of the realmof business. I really wanted a creative writing class, but they don't have any of those, just business writing. I was shocked to find out about the Astrology and Mythology classes and had my counselor book them right away. My mythology book was only $20, thank goodness; and I got it before we even moved. That is so much better than the $120 they wanted for my astrology book. I have a small 700 word essay to write tomorrow and about 20 pages to read. Actually the paper probably isn't due until later this week, but I thought I'd just get it done and out of the way, so I could focus on the house this week with exception to having to post to the class forum four days this week for participation credit.

It is late and I am catching up on my few shows from today. Plus, I need to make the chicken salad and get a lunch together for my hubby.

Now that I have completed my
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Anonymous May 27, 2008 at 12:49 PM
    can i book a stay in the guest bathroom?

Something to say?