Very Nice and Relaxed Weekend

By Trisha

I had a very relaxed weekend and great visit with my family is Watsonville. I took Gus along with me for some individual attention and love.

Our day got started late on Friday afternoon. I wanted to leave no later than 2pm, and we didn't get out of the house until 3pm. Gus was so excited that he he actually hopped down the stairs into the garage, and with no encouragement. We could never get him to go up or down those stairs even with encouragement and prodding, we always had to let him in our out the front door. I was just loading the car and then I was going to let him out the front door, but he came out bounding through the garage door all on his own-he was that excited to go on an adventure. However, I felt so bad that I had to trick Missi by putting on her collar and caoxing her outside, so that I could Gus in the car. It really hurt my heart to leave her behind, but it is just too hard to take them both somewhere together, because she is so much more rambunctious and energetic than Gus. He just can't keep up with her-it feels like each arm is being pulled in opposite directions. After talking to Jarom Friday night, she was doing just fine and being spoiled not just with attention but treats too. She got to sleep on the bed, play games with her daddy, eat some of his leftover meals and go for rides. She was just content with her daddy thsi weekend.

Gus on the other hand, was very excited and loving all the attention and the ride through Saturday night, but aftet that you could just tell he was homesick and missing his Missi Girl. He was spoiled with lots of love and treats, though, but he couldn't be more excited to come home today.

Anyway, after leaving the house at 3, I needed to pick up a prescription, and the line was out the door. It took just a little longer than I planned. After that, we stopped by Petco (me pushing Gus in the shopping car) to pick up some travel bowls, because I cannot find the ones we bought a few years ago...and we picked up some treats. I needed to get a small bag of dog food, but I completely forgot about it. We stopped at Jack In The Box to get a burger and some bottled water. We parked in a nice shady spot near grass and shared our hamburgers and water. Finally after that, we were on our way-it was only 5pm, so we didn't get into town until about 8:30. Once we got there, we said our hellos and went upstairs to watch tv and visit before going to bed.

I was up with Gus a number of times Friday night. His tummy was upset so we had to keep going downstairs to the back yard and then I'd have to carry him back up, since he can't climb them. I slept pretty late Saturday. I think it was noon when Coley came in and woke me up. It's a good thing she did our I probably would have hibernated all day. We visted with Uncle Jay and went to have lunch a The Little Bean for lunch. Aunt Tracy stopped by to visit for a few hours after she left work. It was so great to see her and get to visit; she has been so busy with work. When we all came back downstairs to look through magazines and books, I ran to the store to get the ramining items we needed to dinner and dessert. I told Aunt Teresa I wanted to make dinner while I was there, so I made herb chicken, and we had green beans steamed with a Veggie Steamers Garlic and Basil seasoning. For dessert, we had strawberry shortcake. MMMM! I've been craving strawberry shortcake for about a week, so it was very yummy to have some finally. They enjoyed my dinner. After dinner, we went upstairs and started Tin Man. It is a sci-fi channel movie with a modern twist on The Wizard of Oz. I really enjoyed and I though Uncle Paylor would enjoy. Nicole and I finished the three-part movie, but Uncle and Aunt went to bed half way through the second part. Coley liked it too.

I told Coley to sleep upstairs in the guest bedroom, so I could sleep downstairs on the couch with Gus. His tummy was still upset and I didn't was a repeat of the night before-this way we were both downstairs and it was just a few steps away from the back door. Amazingly, he only needed to go out once after the late night potty trip.

I was up much earlier Sunday morning than Saturday. While Aunt and Coley went to a local craft store, I read a chapter of Emma and then showered and readied for the day. For the most part, this afternoon, Coley worked on embroidering a hankerchief for her friend as a gift for her friendship and wedding that she is going to this week. Aunt helped Coley by punching holes in doilies for the wedding table centerpieces. Us three girls sat out back in the sun for a while too. It was nice as long has the wind wasn't blowing-it made just a bit breezy. I shared my inspiration journal with Coley while we were out back. Aund and Uncle made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for lunch. It was very yummy, perhaps two of life's best comfort foods.

Coley and I left at the same time to both head home, around 4:30pm. We left together, so that I could stop by her place and see some of the projects she has been working on and her plants. Her place is really nice and she has done such a wonderful job decorating her abode. She has little oasis in her backyard with her plants and chairs and garden ornaments. She really has a great eye for not only the art of drawing and crafting, but for the art of design and decor. I wish I had those talents.

Gus and I made it home just after 8pm. We made good time and enjoy the scenery and ride home. My GPS took me a different way than I gone before. I drove through Vine Hill Road, and it was so relaxing and beautiful to drive through the country with all the trees and flowers. We just took our time driving home and enjoyed the ride. He tried to sleep on the wayhome, but I don't think he was very successful with my singing. We shared a bag chips that we stopped and picked up on the way home, too.

When we came through the door, Missi was so excited, but not to see me, but Gus. He ran straight over to him very concerned sniffing and looking over every inch of him (as if wondering what happened to him, was he okay, he hadn't been hurt, etc). After her finally examination, she walked over to me for some love. She really was just so excited to see her Gus Man. Gus was happy to see her, too, and his daddy.

When Jarom went to bed, Gus went with him, and he is on the bed cuddling with his daddy, Missi has been at my feet since I sat down. Hope must me mad at me for being gone. I still haven't seen her. Minnie must have missed me. She has been lying next to me purring as I scratch her ears, chin and tummy. I have caught up on a few shows that I missed while I was gone, but I will have about 3 more to catch up on after I get up. As for now, I need to head to bed and get in some cuddle time with the love of my life.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?