Well I Did It!

By Trisha

I did it last night. After almost 11 years now, since doing it the first time. I took out my navel ring. It no longer resides within my belly button.

I made the decision to take it out after it recently was infected. Not gross infected, but red and sore infected. It has been red and sore like that about three times this year and I'm just tired of fighting it. I'm almost 30 years old, too, and it is time to grow up a little more and take it out.

It was great, having it and there is are great memories associated with it. Memories of mom asking me if I was getting mine pierced or just paying for it for Jess as her birthday present. I asked my mom if she was kidding, and then said that if she could her a scream it was coming all the way from Clackamas mall and my mouth because I decided to pierce my navel, too. Or the trip to the mall and the three of us girls in the room with the technician and I deciding to get mine pierced and not feeling a thing but a pinch from the clamp. The times at the cinema carring product down from the projection room-those boxes of soda syrup and pulling on the ring as it tore just a little from the box. Or, when I showed my mom what I did, her telling me that I get to be the one to tell my dad. He wasn't upset, that I remember. I remember him being more upset about my first tattoo than that belly button ring.

Any way--that is what I did, lastnight! As for today, I picked Jarom up from work because he was really sick. He hasn't been able to even keep water down. I'm afraid if it continues I may have to take him to the ER for an IV so he doesn't become too dehydrated. Only time will tell what will happen. As for me, I'll be sleeping in the guest bedroom until he's feeling better. The remainder of the afternoon has been spent grocery shopping and putting it away. This evening, I will be working on some Mother's Day gifts and sorting through my DMC embroidery thread for projects. I'm also going to be doing some reading, I think, too. I haven't read much this week, because I've been so focused on Mother's Day gifts.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?