I Know My Third Post-Today

By Trisha


I know that this is my third post today, but it was a rough night and afternoon, and it is so therapuetic to write, so here it goes. When Gus and I got home last night, he and Missi were so excited to see each other that I never saw the Hope and Minnie until everything calmed and Jarom had gone to bed.

Minnie came around quite bit, and followed me around the house as I puttered around. She was even much more vocal than normal. I found it strange that I hadn't seen my Hope, though. I called for her and looked around but couldn't find her, but I didn't get too worried. I thought maybe she was mad at me and that she would come around on her own time-on her terms, so I didn't worry too much at first. However, as the evening turned to early morning and I had looked in every nook and crannie, under furniture, in corners, and various places to hide to now avail. I could not find. I went outside and looked around the front and back yard, but no sign of Hope. I even looked in the garage and called her name. I went to bed thinking maybe she was still in the house but very well hidden. It is just not like her to come for a late-night snuggle on the couch before retiring for the day.

I laid in bed for a few hours and couldn't sleep, so I got up, went and got the flashlight out of the utility room cabinets and began another search. Once again, I looked under the beds, cabinets, chairs, couches, tables, in closets, in cupboards, every room, garage, shelves, between things and so forth. I practicly turned the house upside...as quietly as I could, but I failed. When I got out of bed, it woke Jarom up and he helped look around. I went out to the garage with the flashligh again, after checking out back and out front for her. I wanted to really get a look in the areas that it was particularly dark in and under the car. I still couldn't find her, so I grabbed Jarom and we went back to bed. He fell back to sleep with the dogs. They decided to flip sides. Gus was now cuddled up on Jaroms side and Missi on mine. I just layed there caressing Missi's cheek and ears as Jarom and Gus snored in sinc. I was thinking of my Hope kitty. I wondering if she was okay, had she gotten outside and been attacked by other cats or dogs. She was probably cold and hungry, too. I prayed for her-that she was not in pain, that she was peaceful.

I had a rough time getting motivated today. I was just sad and missing her...worried. Around 4pm, I had a promting to go back out into the garage and look around once more. When I opened the door, I had another promting to look over by the window. She wasn't in the window, but just below it, on an old pillow that was on top of a box. She would not come to me when I called her name, and she just looked at me. The look was almost of anger, like 'how dare you leave me in here.' I went to her and scratched her ears. After a minute, I reached and pulled the pillow closer so that I could pick her up off the pillow. I carried her close to my heart out of the garage and into the house. She wanted down when we reached the kitchen and she jumped from my arms. She ate and rold aroun the kitchen, sat on my lap for some love and followed whenever I moved. She must not be too mad at me.

I am so relieved to have found her. I am so thankful that after I have the car parked in the garage I push the button on my remote to close the garage door before I even get out of car. that is the only reason she did not get outside, but I never saw her when I came in, either. She just snuck right out that door and explored the garage. I left the door open when after I brought Gus in, so that I could carry in our overnight bags from our weekend. I never once saw her go into the garage or walking around, either. I can't believe she wouldn't come when I called. She always has before. Oh, well. I guess the point is that I'm just so glad I found her and that she is safe. Heavenly Father really listens and answers prayers.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Anonymous April 8, 2008 at 7:57 AM
    Thank goodness she was all right.

Something to say?