Busy Week It Was

By Trisha
Tuesday my sewing machine was acting up and giving me trouble. The stitched on my projects lookj great on one side and really sloppy and loose on the other. We played with the tension and different things and still couldn't get it fixed. When I turn my item right side out the stitching can be seen and that is why I'm not very happy about continuing with my machine. It costs $80 at least to be serviced and if anything has to be replaced it can go up from there, not to mention it takes at least 3 weeks to come back. Thanksfully, I have some great friends nearby that have all volunteered my machines, I just need to get over and pick one up.

I was busy Wednesday with different projects that done need sewing on the sewing machine. Thursday I was busy and met up with Natalie to helpher with the Relief Society Dinner invitations. It was nice to visit with her and Nicole and catch up. All the kids are getting so big, I hardly recognize some of them. i continued to work on and finish the invitations on Friday and Saturday while watching Christmas movies on the ABC Family channel.



Friday morning, I went to the second showing of "Twilight". i just couldn't wait to see it and I knew it wouldn't be very crowded if I saw a morning show, plus it is half the price. I don't want to ruin it for anyone so all I will say is that there were a few changes but not enough to make a big deal about. It followed the book really well and I really enjoyed. It was as good as I thought it would be. I hope that they make the rest of the books into movie form. I plan to see them all.

Friday afternoon, I was at the vet with Gus; I got home from my movie just in time to take him. He gets these inter-digital cysts and lately they have been occuring more often and they are getting bigger and more painful. Well, we went to have that looked at and then other things came up. He has an ointment we have to put on twice each day. It seems to be working, but if they continue to get bigger we may have to have it removed surgically. They they looked at his ears because I told the vet that we have to clean them out a few times a week, so they cleaned and flushed them out put in some ointment to help them from getting to yucky so much. The poor little guy was found to have had a flea on him and we had to give him a flea treatment, Jarom vacuumed the house real well and just to be sure we got them all, we are going to bomb the house this week. They have never had fleas before, so I'm really frustrated by that.



Jarom brought home a quick dinner from McDonald's for us and then our friends Mark and Sydney picked us up to go on a date to see the new Bind movie-"Quantum of Solace". It was okay. There were a lot action sequences as is the norm, but there was a lot of killing in this one. Daniel Craig is bad on the eyes, either. After the movie, they took us to Tops Yogurt for frozen yogurt. It was yummy. I had chocolate frozen yogurt with warm marshmallow, chopped peanuts and a little chopped butterfinger. It got rich but I finished almost all of it. We had a great time. it was so nice to catch up and see them. It had been a few years.

Saturday evening was a nice evening together. Jarom made chicken fettuccini (sp?) and garlic cheese toast and we watched the new Indiana Jones movie. It was good, but different from the other three. I still enjoyed it though. I can't wait to see Wall-E. it is waiting downstairs for me, too.



I've been working on the different parts of our Christmas card or rather postcard. I should be able to start assembling them on Tuesday and they should be ready to go in the mail by the end of the week.

This week, I'll be busy with our Christmas card and making desserts for Thanksgiving. I'm making four desserts so I'm spreading them out and making one each day. Tomorrow, I'm making pumpkin cookies with an icing drizzle. Tuesday, I am going to make a Harvest cake or rather an apple cake. Wednesday I will make a cherry pie and Thursday morning-chocolate luch. We are celebrating Thanksgiving with the Schaefer's and it should be fun. I picked a gingerbread kid and gingerbread house kit to do with the girls to keep them busy while everyone is cooking and getting dinner ready.

Come Friday morning, I will drag out the Christmas decoration and decorate the house, then back to all my Christmas gift making. I have so much to do still and one needs to be mailed out by Saturday.

It should be a fun week. I always get excited for Christmas and by the time Thanksgiving comes around I can hardly wait to decorate and do all my holiday baking. I have so many leftover supplies from last years baking that I didn't have to buy much other than sugar and flour and cinnamon. The Family Channel had the 25 Days of Christmas countdown movie marathons and Lifetime has Christmas movies too. I love it all, decorating, singing, baking, wrapping, giving etc.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Emily H November 25, 2008 at 3:31 PM
    Hey I don't think I have your new address. Will you send it to me so I can send you an invite to my blog?

Something to say?