Owl Coasters

By Trisha
A fellow Swap-Botter shared this tutorial for making these cute owl coasters and since I'm trying to sew more and use my sewing machine. When I had it serviced in June, they told me that sewing machines need to be used regularly not to just sit around. At least I have a nice upholstered case to keep in dust-free and clean in--it has a nice home. Anyway, here is a picture of the owl coasters I made (pattern by Karyn at http://fatorangecat.wordpress.com); before I sewed up the opening at the top.

Owl Coaster Front


Owl Coaster Back


I'll post pictures of the moose ones I'm making too. They aren't applique though, Jarom found the cute fabric in the discount bin because it was what was left on the roll. There was about a 1/2 yard, but it's really cute and wanted me to use it to make coasters for his Mom and Dad for Christmas, but I have enough to make two sets-the other for Aunt Teresa and Uncle Paylor, too.
 

2 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous November 15, 2008 at 10:31 PM
    Those are cool Trisha. I havent done crafty things in so long.
  2. Anonymous November 22, 2008 at 3:25 PM
    HOW FREAKING CUTE! I love the moose coasters. My friends are totaly into moose things. IN fact, that's his nickname. You're so taented and do such amazing things.

Something to say?