A Little Thanksgiving, A Little Anniversary

By Trisha
This year we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on Thanksgiving, but we exchanged gifts the day before. Wednesday morning, Jarom sent a shout-out to me wishing me a happy 10th anniversary on KNCI. I spent the day and evening baking, a cherry pie, chocolate lush, harvest cake and iced pumpkin cookies for Thanksgiving. After dinner, I gave Jarom his gift, a new wallet. Last Christmas, I bought him a trifold wallet but he didn't like it-if I remember correctly he said it made it too fat, so this year I found a nice bi-fold one. He came to thank me but asked, "You couldn't find a tri-fold." I can never win. Later in the evening, Jarom needed to get some ammunition and brought back a nice fall bouquet of flowers that I had told him I would like.



I'm not good with pie crust unless it's a graham cracker one, so this was a nice surprise to have this one turn out so well. I didn't have a cookie cutter so I had to cut out the hearts myself.


The icing didn't turn out very pretty because my hands were cramping from all the stirring, chopping, etc.


In the morning, Jarom went with the Day boys to go shooting. We had Thanksgiving with friends. They made a great dinner with some german flavors infused into some of the dishes. In between dinner and dessert, I helped Ameilia and Trinity decorate gingerbread cookies. After we got home, I went over to the neighbors to have a glass of wine and chit chat while Jarom stayed home.

Ameilia's Decorated Cookies


Trinity's Decorated Cookies


All the girls enjoying the gingerbread cookies (L to R): Ameilia, Destiny's friend, Destiny and Trinity
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Anonymous December 2, 2008 at 6:47 AM
    Yum I love goodies at Christmas time.

Something to say?