Blustery Weekend

By Trisha
It has been a very non-productive weekend. I had great plans of getting all my sewing done so that all I would have left would be my cross-stitch projects and I didn't get any of it done. I've been fighting a cold and I thought I had it beat until I woke up on Saturday. I had a stuffy but runny nose and my eyes were burning and would not stop tearing. I took some cold medicine and headed back to be for awhile. When I got up, I started getting some things done and ronded up for finishing Christmas gifts and opened my mail. I got my gingerbread ornament set from my swap partner. I made a pb and j and came upstairs to watch a Christmas movie on Lifetime and work on some cross-stitch. But, it wasn't too long after eating that I felt incredible sick to my stomach and it started cramping real bad. I took some GasX thinking it was gas but soon I was hanging my head over the toilet. I came down with the flu.

This flu was horrible. I slept in the guest bedroom to try and keep Jarom from getting sick and the dogs slept with me on the bed. This flu was so bad that I vomited in my sleep and it pretty much came out my nose. It woke me up and cupped my nose and mouth with my hands not really realizing what had happened. I thought I had vomited and gotten a bloody nose. I turned on the light and no bloody nose. Most of the vomit came through my nose. I have never had that happen before and I hope it never does again. When I got up, I went into the bathroom to clean up, change my shirt, brush my teeth, blowmy nose several times and get a new pillow and pillowcase. I slept restlessly the majority of the night and I was up around 6 to go to the bathroom and I had Minnie curled in a ball next to my pillow, on dog at my feet and the other in between. i headed back to bed after that and fell asleep for a bit until Jarom came in and I moved to our bed. At one point, I had both dogs on the bed and both cats. There was a dog on each side of me and one cat laying on my lower back while the other up by my pillow. It was quite cute.

Jarom took very good care of me. He went and picked up some 7up and crackers and medicine at the store. He kept checking on me all through the day and did so much laundry-including th sheets and pillows I got sick on. He even said he would help me every day this week after he gets home from work to try to get caught back up on Christmas gifts finished. I need most of the help with the sewing so during the day I will work on cross-stitch items and some more Gingerbread ornament sets and when he get home and after dinner he will help me with all the sewing that has to be done. He is such a wonderful husband. How did I end up with such a fanta-bulous guy?

As for the weather, we have been keeping the pellet stove running all day to keep warm. With this weather we are having, it make us feel like we are almost home and the winds blow and whistle. The rainy and very cold temperatures outside and the threat of snow all rings true to a Troutdale, Columbia River Gorge, Oregon winter. I guess it's getting us ready to be home for Christmas. We leave after Jarom gets home from work on the 23rd. I will have the car packed a ready to go so we can leave just after he gets home from work. I will drive us through the night until we reach Prineville early on Christmas Eve. We will be in Prineville from about 2am on the 24th through mid-day on the 29th when we leave to head to Troutdale until the 4th. I'm so excited!

There has been a nice bright spot in my weekend though. We have a Secret Santa for the 12 days of Christmas. On Saturday, for the first day we got some swaddling like those that baby Jesus was wrapped in-it was a very nice, cozy micro fleece blanket. On the second day of Christmas we got to very nice angel ornaments to signify the angels that testified of Jesus' birth twice. I can't wait to see what come the next 10 days, well 9 since I will be gone and in Oregon on the 24th. So....toMY SECRET SANTA FRIEND: if you are reading my blog, I will be out of town starting about 5pm on the 23rd driving home for the holidays with both our families. Maybe you could take the 11th and 12th day gifts and drop them off at our neighbors-LeAnn and Wallace's home at 4612, so that they don't get stolen while we are gone. . Thank you Secret Santa Friend for our 12 Days of Christmas for our first two gifts and all those to come.

Merry Christmas everyone!!
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Emily H December 15, 2008 at 9:11 PM
    Hey will you email me your address. Thanks

Something to say?