A Little Christmas Cheer

By Trisha
Usually we decorate the house the day after thanksgiving and Jarom gets the lights up over the weekend, but since he had to work on Friday I spared him this year and we did it all on Saturday. Well, with one exception. The garland is not hung on the stairs yet, but it will be. I need to pick up a little more. These aren't all our decorations in the house but some of them.


Hope was checking out the jingle bells hanging at he bottom of my snowman door hanger.




The year before last, before we got the pellet stove and Miss and Minnie joined our family, Gus and Hopes stocking were hung on the firplace with our old bear and snowman stockings-as you can tell they are quite sooty. Last year, Miss & Minnie's stockings were added and Jarom and I got new ones.


Our crooked little tree. Jarom thinks this is the last year for the poor thing and then we need to think about getting a new one.


Our house all decorated iwth lights. That lit up blurry little thing by the red light covered bush is a blow-up reindeer. He is quite cute. Little trees line the drive.


Our Christmas Postcard-I found the poem while looking for additional Christmas invitation ideas to help out Natalie with the RS invitations. I loved the poem and thought it would be nice in our Christmas card and then I decided to make a Christmas postcard and save a little money on postage this year and put it on the front of the postcard. The snowflakes all had to be punched out of green swirled paper with a snowlfake paper punch. I even punched some out for the back that had some irridescent sparkles in it.


 

1 comment so far.

  1. Natalie@Endless Crafting December 5, 2008 at 4:30 PM
    Trisha,

    I like the postcard idea! Your house looks great. I still haven't gotten my Christmas stuff out yet. I am not sure when that will happen. Thank you again for doing the invitations for me. It took a load off my hands especially with us leaving out of town. THANK YOU! I have yet to see Twilight, did you go?

Something to say?