Interview

By Trisha

Just a quick post today. I have been applying for jobs, but being kind of choosy. I just don't want to be stuck in something that I don't enjoy, but I haven't really had any bites until Wednesday, the same day I submitted my resume to a few more companies. Within an hour os submitting my resume for an Administrative Assistant position with the Sacramento Country Day School, I received a response email asking when the best time to contact me would be over the next couple days. After responding back, I recevied a phone interview about 3pm and was asked to come to the school on Friday at 9am. I was so excited because it is in the education field where I want to be. I was excited just to see the add for the job and it just got better from there. Next week, I will receive a call about their decision and I hope that it really went as well as I thought it did, but if not then it just wasn't meant to be.

The school is a private school with tuition but also a college prepatory school, too. It hosts children of all ages, starting at 4 and all the way up to 18 (Per-K to 12th grade). There are beautiful grounds and the class sizes are small which allows a better student to teacher ratio. They are very into the arts, too. It is refreshing to see such a dedicated school. It is just such a shame our public schools can't be more like this. There are so many great teachers out there .

I've started thinking of ideas for Christmas. I would like to make most of our gifts, but it is stuff for the males of our family that I struggle with. I just need to get started on things now. I really should have gotten started a lot sooner. Oh well.

I think I may have a pinched nerve in my back from my fall down the stairs when Jarom was in Florida. I had been feeling better, but the last few weeks the pain has come back with a vengeance. When I was driving to the school, it ran down my leg and up my back. I e-mailed the doctor and I'm sure he will want to see me, but we'll see what happens. For now, I'm just trying to keep the pain to as minimal as possible by taking it easy, laying in bed with my knees up, and taking my vicodin and ibuprofen, but they really don't work to cut the pain and the most comfortable position is to lay in bed with my knees up.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?