Goings on

By Trisha
I just finished Sepulchre last night. It is not the typical read I pick up but tarot has always inrigued me and so I bought some time ago and finally got around to reading it. The story centers around the Vernier Tarot (a made-up set of tarot cards) and the Verneir Family in the late 1890s and the connection between them and Meredith Martin in present day. It is a little on the dark side but there is a love story intertwined and shrouded in mystery and suspense. What is the connection? What is so special about this particular set of tarot cards? I really enjoyed and found myself having a hard time putting the book down. Last night, I started Marley and Me.

Now that my book review is over and update on the goings-on around here. Nothing much exciting. I finished four swaps that I joined on Swap-Bot. Three of them were letter swaps and the fourth was an embroidery swap. The funny thing is that my cousin was my swap partner for this last swap. I embroidered a snail and a seahorse for her and they turned out better than I thought. The snail is my favorite, though.
I joined a couple other swaps-a trick-or-treat swap, button swap and an autumn reading list swap. I'm really excited about the trick or treat swap, I just need to find some cute fabric to make a treat sack and a few pieces of candy. I have some cute stickers and buttons for it too. The button swap is just nine new buttons in a cute bag or sewn to a card and I have some neat ones to send and a few extras. The reading list is just that, a list of at least five book recommendations with a synopsis to your partner, and a bookmark. I thought I'd cross-stich the bookmark.

The cats are still chasing each other up and down the hall and stairs. In the afternoon, they nap of course. Minnie's nap spot changes everday but yesterday I got her up on the bed while I read and she just purred away. Hope is always napping on our bed.

The dogs are as spunky as ever, too, playing with us and together. We met the neighbors the other day, to our left. Cute little famiy. They loved Miss and Gus. I took the dogs out to visit with Jarom the other night while he worked on the yard and the neighbors were out too. Gus just chilled as LeeAnn and I chatted on the driveway and Miss ran around like a crazy puppy. She was so excited! Madison was playing with her and when Miss would run back across the yard Madison would chase her and say "Don't go home. Don't go home." Madison is 3 and thier baby boy is just 10 weeks and I don't remember his name. He sure was a cutie! And he just smiled whenever I talked to him. Gus and Miss just loved all the attention and playing and slept rather well. The neighbors' anniversary is tomorrow and I'm making a chocolate cake roll. Lat night, I made the the chocolate cream and this afternoon making the cake part. After it cools, I can put the cream on and roll it up and take to the neighbors.

I have loads of laundry to do today and a couple jobs to apply for, so I guess I bet get busy. I still have to finish Gabriel's cross-stitch, too.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?