Some of my Flowers

By Trisha
These are pictures of my Mother's Day corsage and the plants Jarom bought me the same day for all my remaining pots. I planted a variety of different flower seeds in the majority of my pots, but I still had several left that needed some flowers still. I'm not really picky, just as long as I have a variety of colors.

As far as seeds go, I planted dwarf sunflowers, red poppies, morning glories to grow up and over the lattice covered part of the back porch, and so many others that I can't even remember. I still have some seed packets that I want to plant, but I think I want to plant them in the front yard--if I can get rid of those weeds. I just can't seem to get one certain section to go away, no matter how much we spray and pull. Those three packets left are: coneflowers in purple, a dragonfly hybrid mix of Columbines and summer carnival mixed colored Hollyhocks. At this point, however, they won't grow and blossom until next year. they should have been planted in March, but that gives me more time to work out those pesky weeks and create a better plan as to where exactly to plant them.

Jarom did a really good job picking flowers for the remaining pots. A few days later, I was out taking Jenna around town to get job applications and we stopped off at OSH to get her a housekey made and a couple shade plants for the front porch entry.

So, here are the following pictures I took before they were plantes. Sunday I will go out and take pictures of all the potted/planted plants; including the pots with bulbs that I planted a few years ago that rebloom each season. You won't believe the size of my lilies and they ahven't even bloomed yet! One plant, I'm positive is 4 feet tall! I'll have to take a tape measure out and actually measure it to see.

Mother's Day Orchid Corsage


Santa Barbara Daisies


Blue Moon Lobelia


Lavender Cuphea


Red Geraniums


"Ultra" Burgundy Petunias


Vintage Mix Stocks-My Favorite! I just LOVE the colors!!


Kimono Mix Celosia (shade plant) I love the bright colors and that yellow orange-not really orange but not yellow. Beautiful!

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?