Mother's Day Weekend...

By Trisha
...was a big weekend. Jerry and Carla moved Jenna down for school. They arrived Thursday evening about 7pm, while I was at the grocery store.

It was a nice weekend. Friday afternoon, while Jarom was at work, I went with Carla and Jenna around town shopping. I made Greek Karbohnarrah for dinner with a green salad becuase it is full of starch, lots of cheese and cream. I had to have something healthy for us on the table.

Saturday morning, I started us all off with a small breakfast, but I have been struggling with getting good sleep so I hung out at home while Jarom went with Carla and Jenna to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I mostly spent the day watching tv, but I did get a small nap in. Jerry's depression still isn't really under control. I really think he needs a different medication, because he sleeps a lot--like I did when I first began my journey down the road to find the right medication for me. Saturday night, everyone went to dinner except me. I suffered with my IBS a lot this weekend so I didn't make it to dinner at Red Robin, but they did bring back a chicken Caesar salad that I asked for. It was nice and super yummy.

Later, we all sat down and watched "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" and enjoyed strawberry shortcake. It was hard to watch the movie, but it is hard to watch any movie with Carla. It drives us all nuts, even Jerry. She constantly asks questions or the sound isn't right, but the questions are what is so irritating. On another note, I didn't care for the movie much. I found it to be far too long and boring. I don't understand what all the hype was about. Other than the make-up I just didn't see all the glory that it was bestowed by critics and people around the globe.

Sunday morning brought with it Mother's Day and still no sleep for me, so I got up and made a nice breakfast of french toast, bacon and fruit. Jarom ran to OSh to get some light bulbs for the guest bathroom and picked some grass seed and fertilizer for the yard. Also among his purchases were several plants for all my remaining pots that didn't get seeds planted in them. And, he picked up orchid corsages one each for Carla and me. They were beautiful!

I was touched at breakfast by one of the nicest gestures Jerry has ever done for me. I was cranky in the morning from several days in a row of little sleep and kind of perturbed that Jarom didn't wilingly help me with breakfast and further upset when he didn't even help his mom set the table for me. I told her not to do, it was her day and she is the last one to be setting the table. To top it all of I was hot-we were having aheat wave in the upper 90's and 100's. After everyone was about done with breakfast and I was finishing up the cooking of the french toast, Jerry came over to finish it up for me so I could sit down and eat. I can't remember a time when he has offered to help me with something. It was nice and I appreciated the gesture. The rest of the day was spent just visiting and a light lunch before dinner. Dinner was big with ribeye steaks, leftover Greek Karbonarrah, fruit salad, and green salad. We had strawberry shortcake for dessert again...tis the season for berries. With Monday morning arriving early, we were all in bed at 10pm.

I was up with Jarom Monday morning before he left for work and his parents got home to say goodbye to him. By the time they were up and just before Jarom left, I had warm, freshly made cinnamon rolls on the table for breakfast. I didn't exactly have cinnamon rolls to make but I had Pillsbury Grands biscuits, cinnamon, sugar and butter and was able to make them myself quickly. I just flattened the biscuits, spread some butter on top, sprinkled cinnamon and brown sugar on top and rolled them up, then cut them in half and placed them in a baking dish topped with butter and more cinnamon and sugar-baking according to package directions. The only change I would make next time would be to cut the rolled dough into thirds instead of halves. They are mini rolls, so I think we each at 3 for breakfast. Once they ate and Jarom left for work, Jerry and Carla went back up to bed. I didn't know when they would leave and while I was extremely tired from so much lack of sleep, I stayed up so I be with Jenna when we saw them off. They were up around 9:30 and on their way home around 10am. When they left, I promised Carla I would drive Jenna or with Jenna home in mid-July for a friends' wedding.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?