Catching Up

By Trisha
Okay, let's see. It's been quite awhile since I updated this blog. Life han't been too exciting, so there has not been a lot to share, but it is still very unlike me to not at least post something-even if it is just something I'm thinking about. I'll be better.

February-we did some shooting at the range behind Beal Air Force base. On Valentine's Day, Jarom and I celebrated 12 years of courtship.

March seems like a blur. It went by so fast. I did do some cooking-doubling what I made and freezing the second half. Meals for those days when I forget to take something out for dinner or when we have just had a long day and the last thing you want to do is cook.

April started off slow and then Easter was here. Jarom and I drove down to Watsonville to celebrate with my family there. It was a nice weekend and would have been even nicer if I had felt better. I have no idea what was wrong, but I felt incredibly sick on the drive down. We thought maybe I was car sick so we stopped and picked up some dremamine-it made it so much worse. Shortly after we arrived I went upstairs for a nap and woke up in time for dinner and then I retired early after just one game of 7 Up, 7 Down. Sunday morning came, along with the news that my Grandpa Lewis passed away earlier that morning. I was in shock at first and then I went to take my shower, Jarom followed me into the bathroom and gave me a hug and that was when I just lost it. I already had plans to see him in May.

The hard part about all this is that we had just barely learned he had lung cancer and the doctor gave a prognosis of 6-12 months as long as it hadn't spread to the bones and 3-6 months if it was. The test came back and it wasn't in his bones-good news! It was only like a week and a half's time. It all happened so fast, but I later learned that regardless he didn't want any treatments.

Although I hate that I didn't get to see him, I'm very grateful that he went peacefully and didn't suffer. I think had he chose to start any treatments he would have ended up in more pain and suffered.

I drove to Utah with my family in Watsonville, but I took my own car becuase I wasn't sure where I would go from there. I had pondered staying back and visiting some friends and also following Mom and Dad home to Oregon, but in the end I went home. I just felt I needed to be with Jarom-it was a bit of a rough week and without him there made it harder-he's my rock.

Grandpa saved everything! So many pictures were brought back to my Uncle's house when all the boys came back from cleaning out his apartment. He had this really old gun, and just all kinds of things that they didn't even bring back. The really sad thing is the story they came back with about him suffering long before he was diagnosed. I hate the thought of him suffering and being in so much pain, so I try not to think about it.

I took so many pictures of my short 5 days there. I have some 250 pictures that I still need to put on CD's for my family. We do that. Once we all get home we email our pictures to each other, but I got a little snap happy, but then again I haven't been out there since 2004. Because of work, i was never able to make the yearly May trip or Thanksgiving every 3 years there. It was so great to see everyone. My little cousins are so big. I can't believe our little Porter is 8! and Blake and Madison are teens now! It is so crazy. I had so much fun with them and I'm trying to convince my aunt and uncle to send the four of them to me for a week this summer. Emily was my little buddy. I'll try to post some pictures later today from my trip.

Alas, with death come life. My cousin Angie is pregnant with her second child and is due in about 2 1/2 months. She is having a boy this time and Victoria is just the cutest little thing with her platinum blonde curls and that smile is to die for. And, two of my high school girlfriends are pregnant and their due dates are a day apart-October 14th and 15th. I'm so excited for them and while there, of course, there was some shopping and everyones favorite is to go to the quilt shops. I found this incredibly cute pattern for a modern diaper bag-called the nappy bag. It comes complete with the pattern for a changing pad and bag for it. I just need fabric. I picked up the pattern because mom loved he one they made and had on display at the store. She wants something that is big enough for her purse, lunch and book for work. Now I have a great babygift, too.

Finally, Jarom mom and dad and sister will be here tomorrow. They are moving Jenna down here to live with us and go to school. I'm excited for her to join us. It will be a nice new adventure for her.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?