Beautiful Mother Nature

By Trisha

Jarom and I had a nice Saturday this past weekend. We drove up to the foothills of Amador County to Plymouth, stopping in Jackson. Jackson is a really cute town. It has a lot of its original old building-quit shops, antique shops, cafes, tea house, inn, bed and breakfasts-it looked like the All-American City. Couples and families were walking all up and down the main street. I wouldn't mind living there. We went to a the Charles Spinetta Winery and Vineyards to see some of the flowers that are part of thier flower project. All seven of the weineries on Steiner Road purchase bulbs from the Amador Flower Farm. They plant them along the roadside and in different areas on thier vineyards. Among various flowers in the spring and summer, some that bloom in the spring are: lilacs, daffodils (many different species), tulips, poppies anc crocuses. In the summer some of the blooming flowers are: various wildflowers, daisies, and poppies. All year round, they have trees all over-mostly oaks. It was beautiful.

Along the drive, we saw wild turkeys, horses, cows-many with calves, squirrels, chicken farm with so many chickens, goats and sheeps, some with thier lambs. It was refreshing. It started off a bit rainy but cleared up, it just didn't get very warm.

We started our trip off by having lunch at McDonald's in Roseville, then stopped in Rocklin for water, aspirin and stomach aids for me. We continued on our way. I loved the scenery of the hills and just being with Jarom. A little piece of the old me peeked out, too-grooving in my seat (car dancing). He unplugged my iPod and plugged in his. He had a few really great songs play on the way their and I just couldn't help my self. They were just those kind of songs. I think I was excited for the day and our adventure, too. I guess you would say I was giddy.

On the way home, we stopped in Jackson and drove home via CA-50, I-80, CA-99 and CA-70, the complete opposite of taking CA-65 on the way up. Once we got home, I fixed some dinner for us. After cleaning up and loading the dishwasher, Jarom worked on his John Wayne puzzle while I finished up my Sharing Time lesson. i knew what I wanted to do, and how I wanted to do it, but I needed to create my outline, pick the songs to sing, pull out GAK pictures and create the 3D chapel they would start but finish at home with thier families. My lesson was on reverence. It went very well in senior primary, but junior primary was rather difficult. They were very irreverent and just all over the place, but some Sundays are just that way sometimes. You win some and you lose some.

This weekend is conference weekend, and I'm tkaing the weekend off to go to Watsonville and enjoy the weekend with family. I am really looking forward to it. I'm going to take Gus with me. He is truly my little buddy, even though he is Jarom's dog; and Missi is Jarom's buddy, but she is my dog. Oh, well. I'm just looking forward to seeing everyone, even if we don't do anything or go anywhere we have fun. Jarom is staying here and going shooting with his co-workers. He plans to take Missi with him, too. She will stya in the car, of course, and watch everyone. Jarom said they would get pizza one night for dinner and she will get to sleep on the bed with Jarom while I'm gone. The only way Missi will come is if she is requested. I know that she has not been to Watsonville and Gus has many times, but I think he needs the extra attention. He will have a blast and spoiled like crazy!
The picture at the right, above, was taken at Wal-Mart. Yep, you guessed it, just before St. Patrick's Day. This is some of the kind of fun we have when we are together. We can always find way to entertain ourselves-talking and looking through magazines and cookbooks, scrapbooking, playing games, etc. This is Aunt Teresa and Me. Mom and Nicole were there too and we took 4 or 5 pictures but I'm still waiting for my dad to email them to me. When I get them, I will post them. Mom got some cute pictures of the dogs and cats too when she was here.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. THE HAYES FAMILY April 1, 2008 at 12:51 PM
    Sounds like fun! Yes, take a weekend off and enjoy yourself and leave the little hoolagins to us...you do such a great job!

Something to say?