Productivity in the Sun

By Trisha
Well, I can't sleep, so I thought I'd pass the time and write a new entry. I have no idea why I'm not tired. I should be out like a light!
It has been an off week as I transition off of one medication and onto another.
I had a rather productive day. I was feeling good and it was a beautiful day and no wind, so I took advantage of both of those circumstances and took to the front yard. It was such a mess, with weeds and grasses overtaking my plants and my rose bushes needed to be pruned considerably. Everything was dry , but not too dry, because I was able to get to the weeds up rather easily. The hardest part was trimming the rose bushes with all their thorns. I have so many little cuts and pokes from them, but it is a small price to pay for such a beautiful product in the end.
There were a lot of dead spots, so I cut them way down, but they will be growing and blooming again in no time. I had to completely cut down my two climbing roses, because our wind storms destroyed my trellis. I have to get a new one now, but in order to get the old one out and get a new one in, they needed to be cut down dramatically. Now, I just need to find a new trellis. I guess it was good to do it, I found some diseased areas, but it was really starting to grow well and climb the trellis. I had the main branches weaved into it and the rest filled itself in. Oh, well.
I was able to get most of the front yard done. I still have some work to do to get rid of some of the wild grasses that have grown in between a couple rose bushes, but that won't take long. I didn't do it today, because after I got what I had done I was starting to be eaten alive by mosquitos. I have four bites that I can see, but I think I have a fifth, in the middle of my back-it is really itchy. I didn't think I would need bug spray in the middle of th day. I finished just about the time Jarom got home and he finished putting my clippings in the yard debris bin for me, while I got the Round-Up and shot some of the weeds in the cracks in the driveway and brought out the trash and recycling.
I brought Gus and Missi out with me to enjoy the sun and just be outside. They did pretty good. Well, Gus did extremely well. He never runs off, he just finds a spot, plants it and chills. Occasionally, he will move to a shady area or vice versa or closer to me and watch me work, or just find a stick to chew on.
Missi did okay. She stayed in the yard for the most part, but when the neighbor came home she bolted. When I called her to come back, she ignored me and when I went to get her, she ran from me; so she was banned from the yard for a timeout in the house for about 15 minutes. I let her back out until the neighbor came back out to leave again, and she repeated her little performance, and back in she went. However, I let her come back out, once Jarom got home, so he could help me watch her. She had fun running her marathon circles around the yard and her and Gus played a bit-that was when she got bored of watching me. I do have to give her credit, she saw some people walk by and a cat across the street and just watched. I told her to stay here, but you could tell she was really thinking about running after them. I'm just so pround that she didn't and stayed in the yard like I told her.
They are sleeping rather well, this evening. Jarom brought them up on the bed with us, and Gus curled up with me with his head at my chest and my arm around him. Missi started off on Jarom's side, but ended up at about my calf. Right now, they are in the living room with me, snoring away. Gus is at my feet and Missi is in front of the fireplace. Hope is next to me on the couch, sleeping on my blanket, and Minnie is on the back of the chair.
I am getting a nice gift tomorrow evening. My mom is flying in to visit for a week. Jarom called and asked her to come and spend time with me and help me out. I'm excited to see her, and I know it will do me some good to be with her. I just wish my dad could come too...at least for the weekend. I do think it will do me good to be with my mom for awhile and do some of the things we don't get to do so much anymore and just visit.
I think I'm finally getting tired, so I'm going to try retiring to bed again. Besides, I need all the energy I can get to battle the grocery store later in the morning.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?