Primary Fun

By Trisha
I love Primary and I love serving in the Presidency and seeing all those cute little faces. Yesterday, was challenging, but I was completely calm and cool, I just hoped that I exuded confidence and poise. With Anne out of town, I knew I would be conducting, but I did Sharing Time, too, because Tabitha was really sick. A lot of people have been sick and still are really sick. There were not very many people at church and both the junior and senior primaries were sparse. My throat is a little soar today, and I think the children were a little tired of me talking the majority of the time, but they did pretty well. We weren't as reverent as normal, but it wasn't a completely out-of-control monkey house, either. I just had to remind them how sad Jesus and Anne would be to see them so irreverent. Sister Garbett, was wonderful with them during singing time and such a great relief to have conducting the music. I don't know anything about conducting music. Mary helped cover the hall the 2nd hour and Melissa was called as the 2nd counselor. She helped with some of the classes who didn't have teachers during Sharing Time, by sitting with them if they weren't be reverent and listening or participating. She also, helped with the hall the 3rd hour. The Bishop even stopped by and peeked in to check on us.
Getting the Primary room ready is quite the chore. I'm so used to helping or having someone help me that I didn't realize how much work it was to do alone.
My throat is a bit sore today, and I came home and after eating lunch, took a nap, but I was very pleased with how things went. I think I was just anxious about how things would go before each Sharing Time.
Thank goodness, Tabitha had a Sharing Time lesson planned. I don't know what I would have been able to come up with, if she didn't have one. We learned about D & C and in junior Primary we played a match game. They had time to get about 5 matches. Senior Primary did a picture grab bag. Whatever they drew out of the tin they were all in they had to share with us what they knew about that subject listed. If they got stuck, they were allowed to ask someone from their class help them out.
All in all, with the anxiety I had, I still felt peaceful and at ease about everything. Heavenly Father's way of telling me everything would be fine.
 

3 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous February 26, 2008 at 7:59 AM
    Trisha,

    Thanks for the update. Children are very beautiful and definately a hand full. They are the ultimate challenge and they help keep all of us grounded. Nice Job! Stay active and keep your nights and days seperate.

    Love Ya',

    Dad Lewis
  2. Lynnette February 27, 2008 at 5:25 AM
    I didn't know that you were in the primary presidency. Just be glad that my Sam was not there or that would have been even more of a handful. Lynnette
  3. THE HAYES FAMILY March 3, 2008 at 10:04 AM
    Thank you for all you do in primary! You did a great job! This year has been horrible with sicky bugs...especially the yucky flu! Spring is right around the corner and hopefully the end to all the yuck bugs!

Something to say?