Saturday Morning Snuggle

By Trisha
I think I may make this a weekend ritual. It was nice to have all my babies snuggling with me (except the cats). The cats weren't there, because they were locked in the laundry room until Minnie is no longer in heat; which I'm happy to report she no longer is. Thank goodness, I've taken all I can handle of that horrible whine.
Anyway, I couldn't sleep last night and it's not because I slept all day. I was up at 8am and didn't take a nap. I stayed up reading until 1:30am this morning and then decided to try to sleep, but to no avail. I tossed and turned until I finally got up at 4:30 and watched a little television and drank some warm milk. At about 6:30, I finally started to feel a little drowsy, so Missi and I headed back to the bedroom. This little girl follows me everywhere-she truly is my little protector. However, this time I brought both pups up on the bed to snuggle with us as I curled up to Jarom.
Lately, both dogs have been squeezing me out of my side of the bed and pushing me into Jarom; or Gus curls up next to me (usually with his butt in my face) and Missi on Jarom's side. This morning was different. When I brought them onto the bed and got myself into a comfortable position, Gus snuggled up to Jarom and Missi snuggled up to me. Her little round head rested just below my pillow, and she was just so peaceful and content. She looked so cute-as always. Gus, apparently crowded out Jarom, like he normally does me. He likes to lay sideways and stretch out as far as he can from you and the edge of the bed, pushing you more toward the middle; cramping and squeezing you. He does love to share our bed. I woke up at some point and Jarom was out of bed and I had a dog on each side of me snoring away and cute as can be.
I do enjoy cuddling with them in our big, warm bed. One of my other favorite past-times-since we got Gus as a puppy-is to watch them sleep. They are just so cute and peaceful.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Anonymous February 24, 2008 at 8:20 AM
    Good Morning!

    It is always nice to hear how everyone is doing. It makes me laugh when I hear stories of the smushed face midgets. Jarom needs to fight for his right to his side of the bed and not let Gus push him out. Which one is bigger, Jarom! Hope all is going well and you are doing better with getting your meds in line. Say HI! to Jarom and we love you.

    Dad Lewis

Something to say?