Trip Home & Jenna's Birthday

By Trisha
Friday afternoon, Jenna and I drove up to Oregon for a quick weekend trip. Jenna had a wedding and since she didn't have to work wanted to attend. I made a promise to my mother-in-law that I would make sure she got up there safely. After dropping Jenna off in Prineville I continued on to Troutdale to my parents' home.

Saturday while Jenna attended her wedding in Prineville, I was helping and showing my mom how to use her Cricket machine. We had fun playing with the different settings and now I'm completely sold on having one, the one that will cut fabric so that I can applique items onto quilt and pillows, etc. I was able to see my Aunt Stephanie, who I haven't seen for about 4 or 5 years. It was just a quiet and relaxed weekend for me, until Sunday morning when I left to drive back over the Mt. Hood to Prineville to get Jenna. We left Prineville around noon and hit the border about 4pm where we learned that they just closed Hwy. 97, 5 miles south of Macdoel because of a fire. Jenna and I had been watching the fire grow as we got closer. We drove down to the where they were turning people around and told we could wait it out, but we decided to go back across the border to hit the Lake of the Woods Hwy which eventually leads to Hwy. 160. Hwy 160 connected us to Hwy. 62 into Medford and from there we were able to hit I-5. It added four hours to our drive and we didn't get in until 11:30pm, but it was beautiful and an adventure. We noticed as we drove back over the border that you could see the fire from I-5 and it was even bigger. We even saw the copter that was dumping water come back for a refill. He are a couple pictures I took just after we were turned around:





It turns out that, I was glad we didn't wait it out. Jarom came home from work Monday and told me that the highway still shut down.

Monday was Jenna's 19th birthday and she had a couple friends over to swim in the pool and have some cake and ice cream cake. Yes, there were two cakes. I made her favorite rainbow chip cake with rainbow chip frosting, plus we picked up a chocolate fudge crunch ice cream cake from Baskin & Robbins. I didn't do a very good job, but I managed to write "Happy Birthday Jenna" on the ice cream cake.

Next month, we are going to treat her for her birthday, a little late, but just coming back from a trip to Oregon we needed to wait. Next month, we have it planned to go out to Roseville to Golfland Sunsplash for a round of evening miniature golf at 5pm and the enjoy a night slide that starts at 7pm.

Ice Cream Cake with Colored Flame candles and a Singing Candle








This weekend, I'm headed down to Watsonville to celebrate some more family July birthday while Jarom goes camping with some friends up at Meadow Lake. Jenna wanted to go to Watsonville with me but she has to work this weekend, so she has to stay home. She really want to go down the the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and the beach, so she is a little bummed, but I told her there will be plenty of time and opportunity to do that, so she gets the house all to her self.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?