Jessica Harp Live Performance

By Trisha
Tuesday morning, Jarom called into 105.1 FM KNCI for to win dinner at Morton's Steakhouse with a live performance of new solo recording artist, Jessica Harp. The radio station was taking callers 9 and 10. He let the phone buzz and buzz with the busy signal, about to hang up when it started to ring and well, he WON!



Our prize was dinner for two, that night, at Morton's Steakhouse in downtown Sacramento. Jessica Harp is a new solo recording artist that already has a top 20 Billboards Hot Country Song song with "Boy Like Me". She used to be part of the singing duo with Michelle Branch that made up The Wreckers.

Neither Jarom or I have ever been to Morton's until Tuesday, so I looked it up. I remember hearing about it and thinking it was a more upscale fancy restaurant, to our standards, and I was right. From what little I could see for pricing it was expensive, too. I decided I would wear a nice summer light skirt, so I picked my white one with my teal green baby doll top and white tank top underneath. I didn't expect Jarom to wear a suit and tie, but I did expect Dockers and a button up shirt. He wore jeans and a button up shirt. When we walked in a 6:30pm, everyone was in suits and ties, but they ushered us to the patio outside in the 100 degree heat for our fare. It was actually nice outside, once the sun started to go down and there was a nice, refreshing breeze, too. It was a relief to see that we were dressed nicer than most of the other winners.

There were 10 other winners, each with a guest and we were the last to arrive, but we had a nice time. Our meal was several platters of "Bar Bites" from the bar that just kept on coming. Jarom and I were the only ones at our table and there was a lot of leftover food, but we couldn't eat it all. I wish I had taken several pictures of our food-it all looked so yummy and it was. I enjoyed all of it and I'm a picky eater, but I ate crab and blue cheese. I was able to find a few pictures on thier website, though, at www.mortons.com.

Immediately, we were each give a swag bag. In it was a t-shirt, pen (that lights up) and key chain that has a bottle opener and flashlight.




This is a list of all the food that they brought us:
-Miniature Crab Cakes with Mustard Mayonnaise
-Chicken Goujonettes with Mustard Mayonnaise, these are crispy fried little chicken bites.
-Prime Cheeseburgers with lettuce, tomato and purple onion

-Iceburg Wedge Bites with tomato, egg, bacon and blue cheese
-Jumbo Lump Crab, Spinach and Artichoke Dip with French Bread Croutons (So Yummy!)

-Blue Cheese French Fries with blue cheese, red pepper flakes and chive (Not my favorite, in fact this was the only dish I didn't really care for)
-Petite Filet Mignon Sandwiches with Mustard Mayonnaise


Jessica soon came out with her two bandmates and started to play her set. Her CD will be released in September. She played 3 or 4 songs from her album, and "Leave The Pieces" that she sang and produced with Michelle Branch as part of The Wreckers. When she played "Have You ever Seen the Rain" written and performed by John Fogerty (it was first performed by Creedence Clearwater Revival in 1970 on their album the Pendulum) everyone sang along. Jessica's music is great and she has a beautiufl voice.







Jessica played and sang 7 or 8 songs and then for anyone who wished to have them, she autographed photos and our KNCI t-shirts and took photos with us. I got an autographed picture and had her autograph my shirt, too, and then Jarom took a couple photos of the two of us. She was very nice and I really hope that she rockets to the top and that we see a lot more of her.





Jessica autographing my photo


Jessica Harp and Me




We left the restaurant around 8pm and walked back to Macy's to the parking garage where we parked the car. We weren't exactly sure where it was and my navigation system said we arrived at our location, when in actuality we still had to go another street down, so we parked a bit of a ways away. It was a nice walk except for the heat and my feet being swollen so my sandal heels were hurting my feet. I even have a little blister on the side of my left big toe. Had we known exactly where it was we would have seen that they had valet parking for $5. Oh well. Besides parking, all we had to pay for was our drinks. Jarom had a coke and I tried the Veuve Clicquot, Rose, Brut champagne. It was okay, but not as sweet as I like. I was hoping they would serve us dessert, because their Hot Chocolate cake and cheesecake looked fantastic! Oh well.

I had a sweet tooth on the way home, so we stopped at Baskin & Robbins down the street from the house before going home. It was $1 Tuesday Scoop Night, too, but only Jarom's was $1. He got a sugar cone with vanilla soft serve ice cream. I, on the other hand, decided I wanted a 'blizzard" which is called a "31 Below" at B&R with butterfinger. YUMMY!

It was a really nice evening. We both really enjoyed ourselves. Jarom and I haven't been doing well when it comes to going on a date together, for some time now, so this was a very nice date with my wonderful husband.

Thank you, Baby, for a really great night! I love you!
 

1 comment so far.

  1. J July 17, 2009 at 7:03 AM
    Jessica Harp is awesome :)Thanks for sharing!

Something to say?