A Miserable Week

By Trisha
It has been a strange week in that there have been quite a few celebrity deaths. Tuesday morning, I read the news and Ed McMahon had passed away. I knew he had been ill for some time. I remember watching him on "Star Search" and the Publisher's Clearning House commercials growing up, but that is about as much as I remember about him. It wasn't until I read about his death that I learned about his work with Johnny Carson. He had quite a career.

Wednesday, my body decided to catch Jenna's cold that transformed into a sinus infection. A really bad sinus infection. It has made the last few days miserable. I've sturggled with breathing, headaches, horrible sinus pressure and a sore throat that turned into an ear infection. I have been loading up on Day/Niquil for the cold and Tylenol Sinus for the sinus infection, along with orange juice and chicken noodle soup. I have drank a whole gallon of orange juice in two days. The last day or so, it has been eaiser to breathe and I have been sleeping a lot. i'm trying to be sure to be sure I use a lot of steam to break up the mucus.

Thursday afternoon, when Jarom returned home from work, he told me that both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson had died. I wasn't very surprised at Farrah Fawcett's death with her battle with cancer. I had hoped she would pull through and the cancer would go into remission, but even that was a small glimmer. Today, they are running Charlie's Angels reruns in honor of her on WGN. As far as Michael Jackson goes, I don't know. It just didn't ignite a spark at all. I wasn't saddened, but I wasn't surprised. I don't know what I felt, I don't think I felt anything. He had some great music during my adolescent years, but he was just weird. I feel for his chicldren, though, they are so young. And, I'm so tired of hearing about him. Enough already.

Friday night, Jarom and Jenna went to see "Transformers", but returned home 20 minutes after leaving because of the line. Last night they tried again. Turns out the line wasn't for getting tickets, it was the line of people waiting to get their seats. They thought is pretty good. I didn't go because I just still don't feel well, but at least I'm starting to sneeze and cough some, which is helping to break everything up. They said it was a pretty good movie.

This afternoon when I emerged from our room, Jarom told me that Billy Mays died. Even though he can be annoying, it was a shock. Jarom and I enjoiy watching "Pitchmen" with him and Sulley what-his-name.

Once again, there is not much going on here. We've had tripple digit heat with 107 yesterday and with this miserable heat I'm fighting this miserable sinus infection. We are just such an exciting little group of people.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?