Flowers, Hummingbirds & Wood Work

By Trisha
It is has pretty much uneventful around here lately.

I'm on a new anti-depressant and just waiting for it to build up in my system so I can see the difference. For the most part I'm sleeping a lot. It is hard to not be on anything to starting a new medication and waiting for it to build up and start working. But, Jarom has been sleeping a lot, too, when he gets home from work and on weekends. However, since I have been sleeping so much, I actually never went to bed last night and I'm really going to try to stay busy today and not nap, so that I can go to bed at a normal hour and get on a good schedule again.

This morning, when I went out to water my plants, a little hummingbird came to visit only I didn't know it until I turned around. Upon my turning around he flew up into the tree.

One of our little hummingbirds




My plan today: blog, paint my toe and finger nails, cookie dough to freeze for another time and I just may bake a batch of oatmeal cranberry cookies for Jarom. Also, make a few dinners to eat this week and freeze for later. Keep you finger crossed I can stay awake and get it all done.

Jarom and Jenna have been working on the lattice work in the backyard. They are replacing some boards and lattice and painting the new one white. Jarom cleared it with the manager and we can take whatever money it costs out of our payment as long as we include the receipts. They did the same thing last month when Jarom found some broken sprinklers. I think they allow us to do it because Jarom knows how, plus it saves them money because they don't have to pay someone to do the labor on top of whatever they need to fix the problem.





We did have an awesome thunder and lightning storm. The thunder was really booming and the lightning was like flash bombs going off in the sky. They were bright and lit up the sky and the dark house. It was pretty cool, even if it was 3am. I love a good thunderstorm any time!

We have been spoiling the dogs a lot. We haven't been putting up the baby gate on the stairs to keep them downstairs, so they have been upstairs in the our bedroom with us at night. They have even been allowed to sleep on the bed with us a few times. Last week, Miss, as usual slept near Jarom's side and Gus cuddled with me for once. He hasn't cuddled with me like that for some time, usually he has been going down to the end by our feet. He stayed cuddled with me all through the night. It was so sweet.

Yesterday afternoon, Jarom came home early from work...well, he was sent home...and everyone else at the High Tech. There is construction for their new building going on right next door to their building and a gas line was broken in the morning. Everyone was ushered outside at 9:30. At 11:00, once PG&E and the fire department showed up, they were told they could go back in and go to work, but that the line would take pretty much the rest of the day to fix. The Chief didn't want to take any chances so she sent everyone home for the day.

It was nice to have him home, but we took a big long nap and Miss got to join us. It was nice. We all cuddled together, with Miss right next to me-her head right next to mine and all cuddled up to me as I snuggled up to Jarom. I wish I had thought to grab the camera to get a picture of all us together-both times; when both were with us and just Miss. The camera is even on my nightstand, ugh.

My flowers are beautiful in the back yard! I took some pictures to share-the big yellow calla lily is so beautiful. Each year the plant grows but doesn't bloom. I planted the bulbs three years ago and each year the leaves of the plant grow, but no flowers. I was starting to wonder if I had another "cucumber with identity issues" again. Jarom and I picked up some cucumber seeds a couple years ago and instead of cucumbers, we got tomatoes! I had started all the tomato seeds inside to transplant later. It was crazy! Anyway, about my yellow calla lily-I am just so excited about seeing it actually bloom. Some of my calla lilies have bloomed since being planted a few years ago but they have not grown as big as my beautiful yellow one...you can see for yourself.

White Day Lilies & Purple Calla Lily


Yellow Calla Lily


Yellow Calla Lily


White Day Lilies


Purple Calla Lily


Morning Glories starting to climb


Disneyland Rosebuds popping up all over


We have had some hummingbirds coming around. Jarom cleaned the hummingbird feeder and filled it with sugar water. We have had some with little red breasts. Not only do they like the feeder but the hanging basket with the little purple flowers that is right next to it.

Hanging basket the hummingbirds like in addition to the feeder


All three of us played Raving Rabbids on the Wii together. I was the loser-and I lost bad, but it was fun. And, I have been maing meals the Weight Watchers way. I've never really cooked unhealthy with fats. I use olive oil and cooking spray when I cook. I have to watch out for the dairy and carbs in the meals and focus on the portion sizes. Last week, I made us mini pizzas on whole wheat pita pocket bread with pizza sauce, low fat mozzarella and turkey pepperoni, and for only 4 points a piece! For 6 points a serving, I made cheese tortellini with fat free marinara sauce. And instead of seperating the chicken breast, I just cut it up and added it to the pasta; I made garlic-parmesan toast too.

Now, I'm off to get some work done that I can check off my list today. I added a couple really special photos on my blog homepage on the left hand side-be sure to check them out.

Oh, thank you Natalie for my little took kit pouch. I think I'm going to use it for my craft tools. Thank You, Natalie!
 

3 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous June 17, 2009 at 6:53 PM
    the flowers are beautiful, trish. thank you for sharing the pics. we just painted our house. i will take some pics and put them on myspace for you to see!
  2. Anonymous June 17, 2009 at 6:53 PM
    the flowers are beautiful, trish. thank you for sharing the pics. we just painted our house. i will take some pics and put them on myspace for you to see!

    love, sherry
  3. Emily H June 20, 2009 at 11:15 AM
    The flowers look great!

Something to say?