If You Ever Need A Gift Idea

By Trisha
My newest edition of the Barbie Collector Catalog came in the mail last and I just had the chance to sit down and look through. This is a never a good idea because I'm such a Barbie Fan and I always end up wanting just about the entire contents of the catalog to add to my collection. This time is no different. It is times like this where I wish I had an endless supply of money of worked for Mattel with a really great discount so that I could afford these beautiful dolls. The monetary total this time comes to just under $794! And that doesn't even include tax or shipping and handling.

My favorites you ask? Well, did you just set yourself up. :o)

1. 2009 Holiday Barbie, pg. 5, $44.95

2. Original Teenage Fashion Model Babrie (1959), pg. 11, $39.95; 2nd reproduction/
50th Anniversary (My mom and dad had an original that belonged to my Great Grandma Marney. She used it make barbie clothes for my mom and aunts. One day it will be mine, but I still want this one, too.)

3. Brunette Bubble Cut Barbie (1962), pg.11, $39.95; 2nd reprodcution/50th Anniversary

4. Twist 'N' Turn Barbie (1967), pg. 12-13, $39.95; 2nd reproduction/50th Anniversary

5. Malibu Barbie (1971), pg. 12-13, $39.95; 2nd reproduction/50th Anniversary

6. Superstar Barbie (1977), pg. 12-13 $39.95; 2nd Reproduction/50th Anniversary

7. Barbie and the Rockers Barbie (1986), pg. 12-13, $39.95; 2nd reproduction/50th Anniversary--(I have this one, of course she is no longer in her box or original outfit becuase I played with her all the time. However, I do still have the original outfit in a bag full of other Barbie fashions I've accumulated over the years of my adolescents.)

8. Hershey's Barbie, pg. 14, $43.00; Silver Label (This one is for my great love of chocolate! :o))

9. Harley-Davidson Barbie, pg. 19, $44.95; Pink Label (I think this is ones I want the most! Including any and all ethnic Barbie dolls. So Mom, Dad, if you are reading this could you go to the Barbie Fan Club site, get a membership and buy me this doll for Christmas??? Pleeeeaaaassseeee!?!?! She has three stars next to her in my catalog, by the way.)

10. Empress of the Golden Blossom Barbie, pg. 22-23, $150; Gold Label (She is so gorgeous! There was one in the past year of so that is similar and I would love to have both! But I don't know if the other one is available anymore.)

11. Scarlet Macaw Barbie, pg. 22-23, $100; Gold Label

12. Babrie as Aphrodite, pg. 22-23, $114.96; Gold Label

13. Amazonia Barbie, back cover, $26.99: Pink Label

14. France Barbie, back cover, $26.99; Pink Label

15. Scotland Barbie, back cover, $26.99; Pink Label

16. Barbie as Goldie Hawn, pg. 14-15, $44.95; Black Label

Now you want to knwo what the color labels mean, right? Well, it is a way that Mattel has classified thier Barbie dolls.

Pink Label-Anywhere that Barbie is sold you can find these dolls and it is an "invitation to collecting".

Silver Label-less than 50,000 dolls produced in the world.

Gold Label-25,000 or less produced in the world and may be available at certain selected retailers. These dolls are also numbered.

Platinum Label-less than 1000 produced worldwide and they are numbers in sequence and may be available at certain select retailers.

Black Label-these dolls are made specifically for the adult collector because of the contents of thier clothing or little there of or other factors like body art.

I have many pink and silver labels, 5 or so gold, maybe one platinum but I'm not positive and currently no black labels. There aren't too many black lable Barbies, though. The Cher doll was the most recent black label doll, but I'm not such a big fan that I had to have her. The Goldie Hawn doll is a black label because she is fashioned after the go=go dancer she portrayed in the segment in Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In "The Mod, Mod World". I love Goldie Hwan. She is hilarious and just has this magnetic personality, I think.

Okay, so now you know, if you didn't already, that I'm a major diehard Barbie fanatic and collector. I think I have about 50 collector dolls already and I got my first Hard Rock Cafe doll a couple years ago. Each year they have a new one. I think I have the 2007 one, so I need another one of those again. They are available at any Hard Rock Cafe souvenir store. :o)

I"ve rambles on enough about that, I think. I'm sorry if I bored you, but I had to get it off my chest. :o)

I can't believe it, I didn't post anything for weeks and all of a sudden I have a post two days in a row. Go figure.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Anonymous July 2, 2009 at 12:41 PM
    you are so cute! i love you!

    sherry

Something to say?