Sewing and Holidays

By Trisha
It was just a bit of a rough week. I had been feeling a bit achy lately and a little naseated. No, I'm not pregnant. The test was negative, but I did get the flu. Not as exciting, I know. I spent a lot of time in bed resting and sleeping.


Wednesday came, and I was still feeling a little blah, but I decided to do some sewing. I have been working on some Halloween bags. I didn't sew very long. I couldn't concentrate and I was making mistakes. Thursday was a much better day and I was able to finish the bags and sew on the buttons. They turned out pretty cute for a novice sewer like me.
I made four of these bags and each one had the mummy on one side and the frankenstein on the other. If I'd done as the instructions said there would have one been one or the other and for the opposite side I was supposed to use coordinating fabric for. I didn't want to do that, though, and I just can't seem to follow rules when I'm making things. I have to go my own way.

This weekend, I have continued to sleep a lot, but I'm not sleeping at night. I've been taking a sleep aid and I'm afraid it is causing me to stay awake at night rather than sleep, so tonight I will not be using it and see if I can sleep. I've been keeping busy though. I have been organizing my ideas and patterns for Christmas gifts this year. I plan to make most if not all of them this year. I have so much fabric and supplies for sewing and cross-stitch that I thought I'd put them to use and save us some money this year. I would just need a few things fromt eh store, more thread, a few frames, and maybe some batting (I have some, but we will see if I need more). My sewing still leaves something to be desired, but I'm getting better with each project. I have to remind myself to take it easy a sew a little slower to keep it straight. Projects take me a little longer than most, but I get them done.

I have plenty of time to work on these gifts for Christmas, as I'm still looking for a job. I've keep submitting my resume and filling our applications each day, about a dozen or so, ir not more. I'm starting to really feel rejected and I'm getting very discouraged. I've never had such a hard time getting a job.

I have a most wonderful husband, he tries to keep my spirits up by telling me I will get a job soon. He takes good care of me too, even when I'm not sick. He has been making fresh bread, too. Today-cinnamon raisin. MMMMM! He has been letting the pups sleep with us on our bed this weekend too. They love it. Miss is becoming a little bulldozer. Instead of walking around us, she just bulldozes right over us to get to the spot she wants. I had to laugh at her last night. Gus just settles in where he is placed. He turned three on Wednesday...my little handsome man.
 

3 comments so far.

  1. Huhtala Family October 20, 2008 at 9:54 AM
    Cute bags! That stinks about the job hunt, I hope you find something soon. It's so funny to hear you talk about your dogs...you can tell they are as loved as any children (my dog is happy to get his ears scratched...then I go sanitize my hands for 5 minutes)
  2. lewsgal October 21, 2008 at 11:25 AM
    I had no idea that you were such a sower Trisha, those bags are adorable! Don't get discouraged about the job, you never know what will be right around the corner..hang in there.
  3. Natalie@Endless Crafting October 21, 2008 at 5:42 PM
    Hey Trisha,

    I made our blog private but I wanted to add you as a reader......what is your email address?

Something to say?