Interview and Christmas

By Trisha

I was diligently working on a bookmark last night and did not write anything. That was my exciting weekend. I worked on bookmarks for Christmas. I have 11 to make and 4 are done, a 5th one started and still to do. I just put on a movie and go to town.

The power went out for awhile on Sunday and it got warm quick, but cooled down just as fast when it came back on. I was a bit frustrated, because I was halfway through the bookmark I was working on and Ghost Whisperer. I have a goal to finish two bookmarks a day, so I can stay on track to get everything made before Christmas. If I can stay on schedule, everything shouls be made by December 6th, and then I can wrap everything.

Ghost Whisperer-my aunt and uncle got me hooked. They watch it every Friday. Well, now I'm catching up with past seasons from Netflix.

I had an interview on Wednesday with Key Personnel. It is a temp agency, but temporary positions can turn into permanent postions. They were impressed with my resume, now I just have to wait for them to find me a position. I hope that it will not take long. I lowered my minimum pay requirement a lot, as well as desirable positions. I know it is tough out there with the economy so I need to be more flexible than normal. I'm really trying to be patient and not get discouraged, but it has been hard.

Jarom continues to work. Last week, they had the ground breaking ceremony for the new schoolhouse construction on base. It was a big thing with senators, state reps and past commanders and majors, etc. He has his pool table set up in the house now and plays in the evenings. Once in while I will play with him. He has been very diligent about brushing the dogs each evening, too, and found out that Hope even enjoys it. Saturday he went with Mike to hunt, but once again didn't have any luck. I'm convinced it is a lost cause and a waste of money, but it is his time so I don't say anything and just let him be a boy with his friends. LOL!

As for this week, I'm just going to continue to work on my Christmas stuff. There is so much to day. I will apply for more jobs, love the pups and kitties, read and love my husband.

And, just a quick shout-out to Mary for helping me with getting my blog gussied up with a background. I was trying to add a custom background in a different area, not as a gadget. Thanks Mary!
 

2 comments so far.

  1. kellynmaryweaver October 28, 2008 at 6:13 AM
    No Problem! My Sister In Law taught me!
  2. Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 7:35 AM
    Another blog background is One Cute Blogs, I use that allot. Its nice to see people still make Christmas gifts. YOur Awesome.

Something to say?