Just Not A Right Fit

By Trisha
Well, the interview on Friday went really well. In fact, I was asked to come back Saturday morning at 10am to job shadow an employee until 5pm. I accepted the offer and was back the next morning. It was a long day and from the beginning I had a feeling it just wasn't the right job for me, but then part of me just wondered if it was fear of change or something new that was making me feel that way. I stuck out the day and I was given high praise by the employee I shadowed and offered the position. Everyone was really nice, fun and outgoing, but I wanted to think things over and talk to Jarom and of course pray about whether it is a right fit for me. I was pressured to make a decision then, because it was not going to be held and in the fear of the moment accepted the job.

All the way home, I still wasn't completely sold that that is was right for me. Everything is based on performance. In this case, the performance part was the sales. If you met the sales requirements, you advanced to the next level. Third level is assistant management and then management. The sales is hard core and I'm not a sales person. I never was, I couldn't even cross-sale when I worked for the bank. It wasn't the marketing job I thought it was. Basically, you can be a manager if you are a great salesman and that can happen in 8-10 months.

I called Jarom and we talked about it and he said I needed to talk to my Dad. I planned to call and talk to Dad on Sunday, but I had my answer before that from my prayer. I was just really at peace with the decision that it was not right for me.

Jarom will be home this weekend. I'm really excited. It has been a long five weeks so far.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Bliss the Inspirationist August 4, 2008 at 8:30 PM
    I really enjoy your writing. I think it is a great idea to pray about all situations esp. new ones. I think you will do great at AdHoc(?). Your style on Helping Handz Blog convinces me. Go For It!
    Blessings From,
    Bliss

Something to say?