Unpacking with a Pulled Muscle...Bad Idea

By Trisha

I fell into a bit of depression since Jarom has been gone. I have been sleeping a lot, but I have been trying to get it back together. I've done okay.

Tuesday, I moved boxes around and carried some upstairs, but I pulled a muscle or turned wrong or something, because I was sore quick. I ended up resting in bed the rest of the day and night. I rested most of the day Wednesday and even fell asleep this afternoon watching the Da Vinci Code, but when I woke up and ate something I felt better and decided to do some more work. It was a mistake to do and I pushed myself to far, because I hurt worse, now. But I needed to get a few more things upstairs and some laundry. I even put things aside for donation and made a list of those items. I got a few things moved from the garage into the house, but not much.

It has been really hot. Tuesday it was 110! Yesterday was 107 and today it is supposed to be 102. Even being in the house with the air conditioning on, it is hot. When I was working Tuesday and yesterday, I was dripping with sweat. It just made me feel gross. I think I showered twice each day. I think I probably should give my back a rest today.

Miss and Gus are still kind of mopy, but they are playing a little more each day. I know they miss Jarom as much as I do. I have put them up on the bed with me to sleep at night, which hasn't helped my back either. Gus has slept on Jarom's side every night and Miss, well she moves around. She starts off by getting comfortable wedging herself between my legs and resting her chin on one of my calves or ankles. At some point, she moves up between Gus and me. Her head is usually only inches from mine. It is pretty cute. If they are not on the bed, then Gus is either downstairs or snoring on the floor next to my side of the bed. Miss is either next to him in the hole where there is a drawer missing on my side of the bed. Or, she is under the bed down the middle between the drawers on each side.

Other than that, it is pretty quiet here. I'm counting down the days when my mom is here to visit for the weekend.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?