Thanksgiving Weekend

By Trisha
I can't believe it has been two weeks already since Thanksgiving! Where has the time gone?

We had a nice Thanksgiving and celebrated with my cousin, Sharon and her two girls Cassie and Haley and Sharon's mom, Donna. Sharon and I haven't seen each other since 1989--20 years! We had a wonderful visit.

They arrived Wednesday around 2:30 in the afternoon, while I was baking pies. I made chicken enchiladas for dinner and then while Cassi watched a movie the rest of us girls made these cute little candy turkeys before heading up to bed. I didn't sleep well, so I was up at 4:30am on Turkey Day, so I just started my Monkey Bread for breakfast. Once that was done, I prepped some other dishes and had the turkey in the oven in 8am, did some more dish prepping before heading up to shower and dress at 10am. From that point forward, it was all about getting all the dishes made and ready to put on the table by 2:30 that afternoon.

We all sat and watched the Raiders football game while we ate dinner and dessert. The kids had a lot of fun playing together, as we invited our friends, the Schaefer's to join us. The kids couldn't wait for dessert--they wanted it right after they ate their dinner, but I managed to keep them at bay for an hour and a half. After we got everything cleaned up and put away we all sat and visited and watched Four Christmases.

The rest of our time was spent visiting. Although, I was sad that I didn't get to make the trip with everyone to Old Sacramento on Friday. I was looking forward to the trip, but my back just was not having it after spending two days on my feet in the kitchen for hours on end. We had leftovers for about 4 days. Monday, I made my Grandma's homemade egg noodles and put them in with turkey to make a soup.

It was a great Thanksgiving!
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?