Movie Weekend

By Trisha
It was a rather busy week as we prepare for Thanksgiving and guests to arrive-planning menu's, tracking down recipes, grocery shopping and more grocery shopping for the items I forgot and cleaning. This week, I will be busy with decorating the house and starting a little early on the baking and entertaining guests, but I'm looking forward to it as I will be seeing my cousin, Sharon. We haven't seen each other for 20 years and I finally get to meet her two daughter Cassy and Haley.

Friday afternoon, I went to see New Moon at the theatre. They did a great job on the movie and I'm glad it is following the books closely. However, like the book, the movie was a little slow. Plus, I'm an Edward supporter, even though I love Jacob too, but you got me bought into the vampire thing but now you want to buy into the werewolf thing. Then, I just had trouble with love triangle, I do enjoy the stories and I have come to love all the characters. It just took me a little longer to buy into this part of the story, but the book and the movie were great!

We were supposed to go to the drive-in Friday night to see New Moon but the weather turned and it rained, so Jarom took me to see it at the theatre again, for the 10:10pm show. Jarom said he'd see it with me but after I had already bought my afternoon ticket online, so I saw it twice.

Saturday evening, Jarom took me to the drive-in, as the weather was much better and a little bit warmer. It was still cold and we had to use blankets, but it wasn't rainy. Jarom and I stopped by Wendy's and picked up some dinner to eat once we got there. We picked up some snacks at Safeway too, but had to get some hot cocoa at the drive-in during intermission. We saw The Blind Side and The Box.

I didn't really like the idea of The Box. I didn't care to see, but we were there so I figured we might as well stay and watch it. Neither one of us liked it. Jarom was bored through the entire thing. I not only had trouble with the premise of the movie but as we watched it noticing that only women were presented with this particular decision-no men were presented with it. I don't recommend it.

The Blind Side was the other movie and we both really loved it! There were some times when we got a little teary-eyed, but we laughed quite a bit too. Sandra Bullock is a bulldog and she is really awesome in this movie! Mr. Tim McGraw is almost un-noticeable without his beard and mustache. I think this movie is a MUST SEE and it definitely one that we are going to have to have on DVD when it comes out!

Our other minor activities this weekend were mowing the grass, laundry, watching some of the Christmas movies on television and just relaxing and enjoying each other's company.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Anonymous November 23, 2009 at 1:05 PM
    It was only offerd to women because there are the rut of all evil!!

Something to say?