Elk Hunting in Central Oregon

By Trisha
Last Friday, Jarom and drove to Prineville so that he could go elk hunting with his Dad and brothers. It was very cold, although there wasn't much snow. We did get a little dusting while we were there.

It turned out to be a bit more boring for me than planned. I was supposed to use the money that Jenna owed us to do some shopping but since we didn't get it until the following Monday night, so I was able to get absolutely nothing. I did a lot of sitting around reading and watching television. Us girls, did go to Chinese for dinner Friday night since the guys left shortly after Jarom and I arrived.

Saturday afternoon, Carla and I went to the theatre and saw Old Dogs and we had breakfast for dinner and watched Debbie Macomber's Mrs. Miracle on Hallmark and 12 Men of Christmas on Lifetime. I read Mrs. Miracle about 3 or 4 years ago. Old Dogs was an excellent movie! We laughed through the whole thing.

The guys came home Sunday evening in time for dinner, but they didn't have any luck. None of the 9 guys that went on the trip were able to get any elk. They should have had better luck since they were on private property but this year they were either outside the property or too high up that they couldn't get close enough. But, I suppose the more important this was that Jarom was able to have this time with his Dad and brothers.

I was ready to go home though, by the time they all arrived home. I was tired of all the dog hair. It seemed like I inhaled so much I could have coughed up a hairball. The hair was everywhere, the couch, blankets, clothes, my bed, pillows--on everything. Monday we spent the day just sitting around. The temperature dropped to -4 when we went to bed. When we left Tuesday morning is was -8 but as we got further down the road it got down to -30 at one point. SOOOO cold! Just outside of Bend, about a dozen elk crossed the highway right in front of us. It was a beautiful sight.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?