Service & Shoipping

By Trisha
This past weekend was a busy one. It all started out with me not really sleeping Friday and I was really kind of on edge because I knew we'd have a long day at the High Tech and I didn't want to be dragging all day. Luckily for Jarom and everyone else involved, I kept busy the entire time and didn't have a chance to slow down get real tired.

There was a big conference at the High Tech for family services of the Army and the High Tech was asked to thinka bout providing lunch and coffee for all the attendees. At last year's conference there wasn't coffee, snacks or lunch option. I did the leg work on what brands and prices and figuring out if it would be a feasible project. We talked about serving, hambrugers and hot dogs with chips, cookies and a soda/water, in addition to coffee. By the time the weekend arrived for the conference, they added baked beans, donuts in the morning and candy bars for snacks and the hot dogs were 10" polish dogs. Friday night, Jarom and I cut up tomato and onion for the burgers and chopped onion for the hot dogs. We were at the high tech by 8am and I prepped the lettuce by washing and breaking it down into burger size pieces. Jarom was all about doing this and that, while George and Paul went out to pick up ice for the drinks and Dale ran the breakfast concessions table. I had about 30 minutes of free time at one point but I was quickly back to work getting everything ready and setting up the food table for lunch. We ran two lines, one from each side with Dale and Cindy's dad, Gene taking the money. Cynthia kept the lines going by dishing up the hamburger patties and hot dogs and I was running back forth replenishing the buns and condiments. By the time I finished replenishing both sides, it was time to start the process all over again. Jarom, Paul and George ran the barbeques and running the meat back in.

Lunch was busy but everyone was grateful and kept telling us thank you and what a wonderful job we did. All of us were just getting things cleaned and wrapped up when they main speaker called us all back out to thank you. I was kind of embarrassed, I don't like being put on the spot, even if I am with a group of people. But, we received quite a big standing ovation and it was nice to know that our hard work was appreciated. We got a free lunch out of it and after everything was paid off the High Tech made almost $400. I think Jarom and I finally left around 1:30pm.

We got home and showered and then Jenna and I met Leanne and the kids at Kohl's to take advantage of the big sale and Jenna's associate discount. Leanne was so excited. She loves Kohl's! All I found was one shirt but I had a limit of $100 and Jarom needed a new pair of khakis, underwear and a few shirts. I obught exactly what he asked for, sizes and everything and I heard was the shirt is long sleeve, the pants are too long, the underwear are boxers. I just felt like I was taking one blow after another and that he wasn't grateful that I even looked for him. Leanned got quite a few really cute things and she didn't even spend $80. Everything she found was on clearance in addition to the sales and Jenna's discount. Jenna found some things too. Oh, I found a frame for my Ansel Adams photo that I've had since last Christmas and still hadn't framed. Jaorm and Jenna left right away to go back to Kohl's and exchange everything but the shirt. He thought he'd make it up to me by buying me some new Pyrex, which is nice. Dont' get me wrong, it was anice gesture, but I think I would have rather had the money to go somewhere else to look for new shirts like Target. However, I have put that new Pyrex-ware to good use since I got it on Saturday.

On Sunday, we were kind of lazy. We didn't do much, but I was still really tired as I didn't really sleep again Saturday night. I was going on 48+ hours of now sleep. Jarom worked on reorganizing all my kitchen cabinets. I made sirloin steak with Moroccan onions and after getting all cleaned up I headed out to the grocery store. It's always easier to go really early in the morning or late at night. I don't have to deal with the crowds that way and I don't feel rushed to find exactly what I want.

We dont' have much planned this weekend, but I think we should do something like bowling or Apple Hill, something. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the week goes and what the weekend brings.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?