New Truck!

By Trisha
We haven't been up to too much but hanging out and I have been cooking and baking a lot. I have always enjoyed cooking and baking since a young age, but I am rediscovering since my depression. I'm not afraid to try new things, so I have been cooking a lot of different things-recipes that I find in my magazines (Everyday Food, Martha Stewart Living, Real Simple and Cooking Pleasures).

Since I started my food/recipe blog in July, I have been keeping it up with all the new and what I think are exciting recipes that I fix for my family...and neighbors on occasion. I haven't been so good about taking pictures in the last few weeks of everything but that is because I carry the camera to and fro so it isn't always there when I need it.

Last Thursday, Jarom and I went to the visit the Roseville Auto Mall, leaving at 5pm not ot return until after 10pm. We ended up looking at some full-size trucks and test driving a couple Dodges. We came home with a Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 truck almost fully-loaded with the off-road package. It is new used, a 2003. There wasn't much there to look at in any of the dealerships that were four wheel drive. Most everything was two wheel drive, but this is a very nice looking truck with low miles. It is a beautiful blue color. Finally, after almost of 11 years we have graduated from little pick-ups to a big boy pick-up. The room is nice since we got the crew cab. We will have to get some running boards. The exhaust is starting to rust so we have to think about doing that at some point, but considering the price, I'm fine with that. We got this truck for a little more than what we paid for the S-10 six years ago.

Jarom's New Toy


This afternoon, we hung out with the neighbors and I played with Madison and Trenton. Tranton kept running down the driveway wanting to go into the street so we turned it into a game running on opposite ends of the truck. When he'd get near the end he'd see me and just laugh. It was a workout but a lot of fun. At one point I was istting on the ground and Miss Madison came running up and jumped on me. SHe caught me off guard and I fell all the way backward. I thought I'd cuaght myself and then my wrist gave out and I want all the way back. I just had to laugh, but I'm paying for it a bit this evening with a bit of a stiff back. Jarom cut up some watermelon and borugh it out. Trenton was in heaven with it and got upset when the leftover rind was taken away from him. When he opened his eyes he saw that there was another piece there waiting for him and he was happy again.

I had a nice time making dinner because Jarom helped me. I had him fry up the left over potatoes from Saturday's Fish & Chips dinner while I put together the Zucchini Ribbon Pasta and prepared the pork for the BBQ. After the potatoes were done, Jarom put the pork on the grill. He helped me clean up after dinner too and then he got the dry ingredients mixed together in a bowl for my Banana Trail Mix muffins.

Front End


Passenger Side


Driver's Side
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?