Contacts or Glasses

By Trisha
I had my eye exam and this time my astigmatism took the correction. Now, do I want glasses or contacts. I need mostly for distance but now instead of just for driving, I need it when I walk, go to the store, watch tv, etc. etc. I don't mind my glasses, but at somepoint they seem to get sat on and they fall down my nose all the time. Plus, it is really hard to exercise with glasses on my face.

I've been wanting to try out contacts for awhile and so I really wanted both. Well, insurance covers one or the other. In the end, I ordered glasses and picked out a smaller frame b J.Lo. OOOHHHH! LALA! Just kidding, I I don't care about the name I just liked the frame the more I tried them on. I'm kinda picky about my glasses. I will never be fashionable because those thick rims ones that you see all the stars wearing make me look like a total DORK! So I found these cute little frames to have on the side with all quriks-transitions, scratch resistant, UV protections, etc. for $10! I'll have them in about a week.

I am trying out a pair of contacts right now. They showed me how to put them in and take them out, clean up and so on. Each day I'm supposed to wear them a little bit longer than the day before. As of right now, my right eye feels funny but no problems with the left. I LOVE being able to see everything without glasses on my face too. The fitting and oreintation fee was $40. Since I got glasses, it won't cover the contacts, but each pair can be worn ofr about 3-4 weeks each and each box comes with 3 pair and they are about $25 a box. I will return for my foloow-up nect Thursday and make my ultimate decision as to whether or not I will continue with contacts. I think I will if I can keep the little bit of discomfort at bay in the right eye. I do keep gently massaging my eye but something just feels funny. It will take some time to get used too, but I think in the end I will really like them and I will only ahve to get a box of new lenses every 3 months.

It may not sound like it, but I am really happy about the contacts. :o)

Have a great weekend!
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Natalie@Endless Crafting January 23, 2009 at 9:48 PM
    Trisha,

    I have an astigmatism in my right eye and I have been wearing contacts for years now and love them! I never ever wear glasses. They have a new type of contact for people with astigmatism and I love them.It takes a little bit to get use to them but after awhile you will never even notice they are there. Good luck with your choice.

Something to say?