Ninja Bush Cutters

By Trisha
That's us! Jarom and I did some major cutting and chopping to the bushes in the front yard yesterday. The front entrance is now visible from the street and I can see out the front window if I want too. The walkway is a walkway again and not a covered concrete path for gnomes. We filled the yard debris bin clear to the top.
We moved most of the potted plants out back for color, but left a few in the front. My miniature rose bushes are at the beginning of the path connected to the driveway. I put the bulldog statues by the front door and two more potted plants at the end of the walkway just a step above before the front door. There isn't anything in them now, but I will try to find some inexpensive shade seeking small plants to plant in there. As for the rest of the plants that we moved to the backyard there is still hope for some, while others, all hope is lost. Many suffered that first week we were here and didn't get them moved over until the next weekend. I do have flower seeds though and I plan to plant those in the pots that nothing lives in currently.

Since we filled the yard debris bin we didn't get to be ninja bush cutters to the bush in the backyard that is taking over the whole left corner. It is so overgrown. I don't even know what kind of bush it is, but it has run wild. Jarom wants to cut back some of the trees but the just the parts that are dead or hanging on the fence. Since we don't have much money, we want to get a small bag of grass seed to lay down to get the patches filled in and try to get rid of some of the weeds. As for the little saplings, I don't think we will ever get rid of those completely. We have so many trees in the back, but they are beautiful and they offer privacy and shade. I cna't wait until we have all our furniture set up and have our first BBQ, so we can share all our work with everyone.
We have a large lattice that comes up and over in the middle of the patio and I'm going to plant some morning glories in a couple of our long planters and place them near the lattice so that as they grow they can climb the lattice. I also told Jarom that I'd like to put up some little white lights and weave them into the top and side of the lattice. I can see it in my head. It will be absolutely beautiful! Our patio table and chairs will be placed under there, too. On the two remaining sides will have the chiminea and other chairs and the grill and a few other of our lawn chairs. When it is all done, all I see is a nice, peaceful oasis that no one will want to leave.
We hung more pictures on the walls today and put some clothes away. Jarom moved in one of our shelves and got it situated. I helped a little, but he did most of the hardwork. Tomorrow, I will get the bathroom cupboard organized and the contents out of the boxes. I want to ge tthe linens put away and remaining toiletries. We have so much bathroom cupboard space that I will be able to store all the towels in the bathrooms. The cupboard in the hallway will be used to house all our games. Small one up top, large down on the bottom. I will also get the shelved organized with pictures and knick knacks from our trips and gifts given to us.
I made BBQ Pulled Pork for dinner in the crockpot. I let it cook overnight to becoem as tender as possible so that it just fell apart when touched. For dessert, I made Orange Sweet Rolls. It was very yummy. A good meal for good, hard work this weekend.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?