Birthday Celebration

By Trisha
Finally, the much awaited Birthday post. Jarom and I had a great time over the final weekend in January celebrating our birthdays with my family in Watsonville. We drove down on Friday afternoon, staying until Sunday evening. As always, we had a blast! The theme was fun birds. Each of us was featured as a bird on the cake. We all had our own color of bird with it's own unique qualities just like we are in real life. Jarom was the red bird and I was the blue bird. The birds and tree were made from clay so they could be reused in the future. Our linen napkins were embroidered with birds to match our clay ones and we had bead napkin rings and wine glass markers to match the color of our birds. There was so much time and work put into everything. Our dinner was authentic greek dishes. I'm so picky I didn't think I'd like much of it, but it was all very yummy. After dinner, we played a card game called 7 Up, 7 Down, enjoyed cake and ice cream and played Wii and Wii Fit games.
*Note: We celebrated both Jarom's (2/8) and my birthday (1/30). However, because it was my birthday weekend my little bird got to sit on the tree swing.*
Without further ado, here are the pictures from our Watsonville Birthday Weekend!

Our Greek Feast


Birthday Cake


Birthday Cake A-Glow


Hula Hoopin' Family Style














Super Hooper: COLEY


Trying To Save the Washcloth




 

1 comment so far.

  1. Anonymous February 15, 2009 at 8:03 PM
    Looks like a great weekend! Wish we could hang out with all of you - but you are a little too far for a weekend retreat.
    I love the cat - who made it? I just finished a birthday party for Zane. Should have the post up tomorrow.
    Hope your birthday was wonderful!

Something to say?